“Better and Better”

Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Iquitos
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Taking care of the health of our client is our priority! That is why purified water and high standards of hygiene are the most important ingredients of our recipe for pure, safe, healthy meals!
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have been to the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe many times, and now being too far away to the North, am missing the great pleasure of the river breezes and comfortable chairs, nourishing food and great surprising company which gathers there. Owner Bill Grimes has created a sanctuary, and from what I hear it gets better and better. Many adventures have been inspired and sprung from the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. Maps on the wall are helpful. Food and drinks delicious to gather strength for the journey, comforting to come home to. Can't wait to go back!

DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Dear Jettabiga,

How nice to hear from you. I hope all is going well.

Thank you for the charming comments about Dawn on the Amazon Cafe and for rating us among the best with the 5 stars. I'm sorry you are not here. I am missing you also and look forward to having you come back in with "the river breezes." We have new temptations for you to try next time.

Love,

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Dawn on the Amazon cafe is the best place to eat in Iquitos. I was in Iquitos for 2 weeks, and stopped by the cafe for lemonade and at least one meal everyday. The menu is extensive, and the food is great. It is healthy and the service is amazing! The owner, Bill Grimes, is really down to earth and a nice guy. Try the lemonade and a calabresa sandwich! Great view of the river..

Dear jw95521,

Thank you for taking the time to make this nice comment. I am soooo happy the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe is your "best place to eat in Iquitos." You made my day so happy when I read that:)
Your review from Laos reconfirms how international we are.

My best regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is a great restaurant with very clean food and good ice cold beers. Great place to meet other travelers and expats. A nice view of the Amazon and the carnival atmosphere of Iquitos!

Dear breckbmcq, from Colorado,

Thank you for the nice comment on Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. You know we go to great extremes to have the most pure food possible in Iquitos. Just in one month we used 72 large bulk blue bottles of purified water.

I am happy you enjoyed our view and scene.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2011

I've been visiting Dawn on the Amazon regularly since it first opened over a year ago and it's definitely become one of my favourite restaurants and hangouts in Iquitos. The menu is varied and full of delicious meals. There's also a great choice of smoothies. If, like many people here, you're in Iquitos to drink ayahuasca then you'll also find a pretty extensive ayahuasca menu. As well as eating it's also a great place to just hangout and meet new people. I think I've met most of my new friends in Iquitos while hanging out at Dawn on the Amazon in the evenings.

Hi Andy,

I know how busy you must be so I really appreciate your taking the time to make these nice comments and for the excellent review. You are right, the Dawn on the Amazon Café is a great place to hang out and meet old and new friends.

As you point out, the last 4 pages of our menu is devoted to pre and post ayahuasca ceremonies, and we work hard to keep everything fresh and pure.

I hope you will be back in Iquitos again soon and can hang out with us some more.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I have been in Iquitos for almost three months and I can tell anyone visiting Iquitos that Dawn on the Amazon is the best place to eat in all of Iquitos for the value, quality and the people. I have had most of the things on the menu and have not found anything that was not superior quality. Bill, the owner is very accommodating and the wait staff is awesome, friendly, effiecient and not bad to look at. It is also the absolute best place to meet people and get information about anything you might be looking for in Iquitos. Breakfast, lunch or dinner this is THE place. Make sure you get a limonada helado with your meal, you won't regret it. The also have the coldest beer in Iquitos.

DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2011

Thank you, your opinion means a lot to me