“Delicious dorado, and jugo de arazat!”

La Casa Fitzcarraldo
Ranked #37 of 104 Restaurants in Iquitos
Cuisines: Latin, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were a large group and we enjoyed the most delicious fish, a kind of catfish I believe, called dorado. We had a choice of hearts of palm or caprese salad, which I had - very good. I was so delighted to find my favorite tropical juice offered here, sweet/tart jugo de arazat! We had smiling, patient servers and our own pleasant, bright room. My compliments to the cook(s) for feeding us all in a timely manner. That dorado was wonderfully prepared! While we waited for our meals to be cooked we were able to view birds and scenery from a river overlook right across the street, so the location met our needs nicely as well.

1  Thank Barbara P

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Food ordinary, beer very expensive by local standards. We had a pizza which came with a soggy crust and not much topping other than an overkill of mozzarella. Definitely one of the poorer eateries in the immediate area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went in a party of 9 people for dinner. Menu mostly local fish, which was freshly prepared,and truly delicious. Conveniently situated on waterfront. Service excellent, very patient and friendly. Recommend to us by a local, and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place was recommended to us by several people our first night in Iquitos for local fare. On that front, it didn't disappoint (though I think I will make it a point to never eat suri again, I had to try them once). The food was fresh, well prepared, and tasty. Service however, couldn't have been more lackluster and disinterested. Though everything was delivered, and questions were answered, it seemed we were an imposition on the social lives of the two women and one man handling the front of house, who spent most of their time huddled together towards the back of the restaurant, ignoring customers as much as they could.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

It has some interesting items. The freshwater fish with passion fruit sauce is a good one. The Fitzcarrald pasta (pasta in white sauce) has a different twist because cecina is added. Don't miss the frozen camu camu, it's the best in town.

1  Thank VMiyakawa