“Nice place to relax in Iquitos” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Casona Iquitos

Hotel La Casona Iquitos
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Seattle, WA
“Nice place to relax in Iquitos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

La Casona is great place to stay while spending time in Iquitos. It has a great location, clean quiet rooms, comfortable beds and a nice little patio. We enjoyed staying here after spending a couple nights roughing it at Camiri on a floating house. The rooms with air conditioning are only 10 soles extra and it makes such a big difference after a hot day in the sun. The people working here were extremely nice and professional.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alexis J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was working in Peru for several months and on my trips into town I'd stay at La Casona. As a frequent guest my room was often upgraded if they had the space and as other reviewers have said, clean, friendly staff, good cleaners. The guests could be a bit noisy and rowdy at times, but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I would always recommend people to stay here. Other places were more expensive for little benefit. As La Casona had wifi, a little kitchen if you wanted to heat something or a nice restaurant two doors down, a comfy bed and a hot shower - it had everything a chick from the jungle needed. Let me tell you, when you're living in a hut up the Amazon, a hot shower is heaven.

Room Tip: Don't tell a soul - but ask for a room downstairs ... but they go quick!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LilyLester
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days. I got food poisoning at an external restaurant, and the staff were extremely kind and helpful, letting my girlfriend make me up soup in the kitchen. The whole place is spotlessly clean, and has a common patio area with friendly resident parrots. The hotel has wifi and cable tv, we got a double room with air-com for 85 soles a night. I was very impressed.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank eamonn78
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I can really recommend this place. First, it was extremely clean, not only the room but also the common parts (there was constantly someone from the staff cleaning the floor). The room had a good size and had sufficient place to put clothes etc and the shower was very good. We did not have A/C (only fan) but it was OK because the room was quite fresh (it was on the lower floor, with the door and window to a small courtyard). It has a small kitchen (also very clean) which was very handy for good home-made breakfasts. We payed 65 soles per night, which is quite a good price for the quality you get (we stayed in the "hotel" part, there is a "hostel" part on the other side of the street that is a bit cheaper).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eduarda C
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Even though the rooms might be a bit dark we can really recommend this place. It´s clean (after you run in from the dusty roads theres always someone cleaning away your foodsteps behind you), it´s super central, the service is top, the personal friendly. Wifi is available, it has a relaxed open air yard inside to sit and a communal kitchen. Top!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chaisam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is an overall rating of the employees. And when I think about overall rating I think about a rating of the people who work there, because after all it is the people that make the hotel a good hotel or a bad one.

To calm you down after this introduction.., the people are fantastic. They are very helpfull and honest. If there is something wrong, don't be mad! Just ask for help and they will be there for you. It is clean, nicely decorated and you have all the things you expect to be in a hotel. But the most important thing for me was they send back my forgotten SD-card.

The night before we left hotel La Casona we decided to watch the pictures of our travels. Because it was possible to put the SD-card in the television we did it like this. After a long night celebrating Christmas we floated into our beds and as a big compliment to Johnny Walker I forgot my SD-card. When we arrived in the next city I immediately called La Casona. First they tried to calm me down and said they would take a look in the room to see if it was still there. Fortunately it was. They gave me their contact details to deal with it later when I would be back in Holland.
Save and sound back in Holland I was a bit unsure about how to handle this. I really wanted this card back, because there were about 1000 pictures on that thing, you see. So I decided to pay them (a lot) more then necessary. One half in front and the other half when I recieved the card. Like a real Peruvian deal, I thought. Only none of this was necessary. The hotel didn't even respont on this deal of a lifetime. They just told me to pay them $20,- to send the package. They kept me updated very well. And when I recieved the package, it was completely protected for all kinds of weather circumstances.

I want to thank the people of Hotel La Casona for their honest service and I wish you all the succes of the world.

Joey van Leeuwen

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joey v
Province of Tarragona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I like this hotel, it's cheap, comfortable and there's a kitchen if you want to prepare your own food. Some of the rooms (especially the downstairs ones) are rather dark and dingy. But the upstairs ones are comfortable and some have a/c.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple