“Top location in Iquitos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Casona Iquitos

Hotel La Casona Iquitos
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Hamburg, Germany
“Top location in Iquitos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Even though the rooms might be a bit dark we can really recommend this place. It´s clean (after you run in from the dusty roads theres always someone cleaning away your foodsteps behind you), it´s super central, the service is top, the personal friendly. Wifi is available, it has a relaxed open air yard inside to sit and a communal kitchen. Top!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chaisam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is an overall rating of the employees. And when I think about overall rating I think about a rating of the people who work there, because after all it is the people that make the hotel a good hotel or a bad one.

To calm you down after this introduction.., the people are fantastic. They are very helpfull and honest. If there is something wrong, don't be mad! Just ask for help and they will be there for you. It is clean, nicely decorated and you have all the things you expect to be in a hotel. But the most important thing for me was they send back my forgotten SD-card.

The night before we left hotel La Casona we decided to watch the pictures of our travels. Because it was possible to put the SD-card in the television we did it like this. After a long night celebrating Christmas we floated into our beds and as a big compliment to Johnny Walker I forgot my SD-card. When we arrived in the next city I immediately called La Casona. First they tried to calm me down and said they would take a look in the room to see if it was still there. Fortunately it was. They gave me their contact details to deal with it later when I would be back in Holland.
Save and sound back in Holland I was a bit unsure about how to handle this. I really wanted this card back, because there were about 1000 pictures on that thing, you see. So I decided to pay them (a lot) more then necessary. One half in front and the other half when I recieved the card. Like a real Peruvian deal, I thought. Only none of this was necessary. The hotel didn't even respont on this deal of a lifetime. They just told me to pay them $20,- to send the package. They kept me updated very well. And when I recieved the package, it was completely protected for all kinds of weather circumstances.

I want to thank the people of Hotel La Casona for their honest service and I wish you all the succes of the world.

Joey van Leeuwen

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joey v
Province of Tarragona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I like this hotel, it's cheap, comfortable and there's a kitchen if you want to prepare your own food. Some of the rooms (especially the downstairs ones) are rather dark and dingy. But the upstairs ones are comfortable and some have a/c.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AyaQueen
Sharpsburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Not a bad place. Convenient to the square and clean. But not much personality.

Room Tip: Some rooms have air conditioning. Ask to see the room first. We stayed there twice and the second...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Its a nice hostel, location is perfect. Clean rooms and nice staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've been traveling back and forth to Iquitos for a year now. Each time I stay in La Casona. Fabiola, the owner, is an incredible woman..always around to help with anything you might need. All of the staff are incredibly nice and helpful as well. All are very attentive. I never have problems here. The rooms are always clean, the AC is great..all the rooms have TV with tons of channels. La Casona is just a few steps from the main plaza, and about a block from the main Boulevard with all the great restaurants and bars. It feels very safe, clean, and comfortable. I will always continue to stay at La Casona, and would recommend it to anyone staying in Iquitos.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jenny g
Arequipa, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Very clean and safe, great location (near principal turistic attractions in Iquitos). The staff is always kind and give you advice about transport, attractives, shopping, food, etc. It is 2 blocks away from the boulevard. I woke up 15 before dawn and I could see and take amazing pictures of the sunrise

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family