Ways to Experience FlashpackerConnect
from $125.00
from $530.00
from $350.00
More Info
All reviews rainbow mountain flash packer day trek guide jacob machu picchu ausangate trek early departure hot breakfast amazing breakfast sacred valley great pictures small group high altitude beat the crowds chef mario oxygen tank breakfast and lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just returned earlier this week from the 4 day ausangate / rainbow mountain trek. I was blown away by this trek! It was absolutely stunning with incredible 360 degree views the entire way and flashpacker connect made every effort to ensure this trip went seamlessly. Giovanny was my guide and effortlessly made sure I enjoyed every aspect of the trip - he was very generous and made this a trip that I will never forget. As I was a solo traveler, I was a bit nervous going to into the trip by myself, but i have nothing but amazing things to say about this experience. Eusebio, the master chef, prepared stunning (and gluten free - based on an allergy) meals that were better than many of the meals I had at restaurants! Never a shortage of delicious food. Raul, the horseman, was always smiling and generous- he provided many laughs throughout the trip. And as I mentioned, Giovanny went above and beyond to make sure I felt safe, comfortable, and happy throughout the duration of the trip. Don’t miss this trek if you’re in Peru! You won’t regret it!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Jacob picked us up in our hotel around 2:20 and we arrived in the base of rainbow mountain around past 5 am. I think this is a great time to go to rainbow mountin where there is less people. It was not an easy hike I must say, but he was so patience and encouraging and helped me carry my bag when I was really breathlessl. He have his oxygen with him, and pulse oximeter (to check you heart rate and oxygen saturation) we also hd a good talk about history, and Peru’s current exonomic situation.
His strength is he have excellent command of the English Language and also speak Portugese..
He can also take you to Red Valley if you have an extra time, (we did not join this hike, but the two other tourist went)

There are only four of us in the group, which makes the Van more comfortable to us and sleep on our way to Rainbow Mountain.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed two Flashpacker Connect tours during my time in Peru - the first being the 4-day Ausangate trek and the second being the 1-day Machu Picchu tour. Overall, the experience of picking out and booking the tours was very easy as the staff was very attentive and quick to respond via e-mail.

John and Matt, the guides for my 4-day Ausangate trek and 1-day Machu Picchu tour, respectively, were fantastic. Both were knowledgable, helpful and taught me so much about Incan culture and history. Cristobal, the chef on the Ausangate trek, in addition to being hilarious, was an amazing chef (see pictures)!

The Ausangate trek was truly stunning. I recommend this trek in the highest possible terms - but it is high altitude, so I would acclimate and exercise accordingly prior to attempting. The difficulty of the trek is incredibly rewarding, though. Some of the sights we saw were so beautiful that I could just have sat still all day and stared at the landscape.

The Machu Picchu tour was also excellent. The 3am pickup was on time, Matt guided me through the train and bus combination necessary to arrive at Machu Picchu, and proceeded to give me a great and informative tour of the Incan city. We had lunch in Aguas Calientes afterward. What a great day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a tight schedule and booked late, but they were still very accommodating...made it all very easy to find a date and reserve a spot. My guide, Ricardo, was awesome. The hike gets tough at times due to elevation, but he was very encouraging and patient. And, he knew a lot about the region and the culture. The driver, Fausto, was also great. Driving can be a bit hairy at times in the Cusco region, but he made me feel very comfortable. I'd highly recommend these guys if you're planning any adventures in and around Cusco.

1  Thank aaronsD5889ZR
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

High praise for this excellent travel agency for our trip to visit Machu Picchu site. Especial praise for our guide Jacob for his extraordinary assistance on our hike.