“cusco”

Pantastico Bed & Bakery
Ranked #44 of 529 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I would pretty much echo what other shave said.. I gave it 4 stars.. I live here so have a pretty good idea about quality.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Warm welcome, great staff! Rooms basic, clean and cozy! nothing more to ask for a nice stay in Cuzco!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I really loved this hostel. You are treated like family, not a walking dollar sign. The staff are some of the nicest people I have met in Peru (which says a lot considering how friendly Peruvians are!). Note that some of the earlier comments written on this site were before the renovations. The rooms that face on to the street now have double glass windows so they are much much quieter than before. I was quite shocked reading someone said the staff would "cheat you and rip you off" - I met all the staff during my stay and cannot imagine any of them doing this. Go and find out for yourself and you'll know what I mean

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2012

There are better places arround and better service. This place will cheat you and rip you off. Very Bad memories with this business.

• Stayed: February 2012
PasionAndina, Gérant at Pantastico Bed & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Dear colleague / competitor (as you see it),

You have an amazing interpretation of fair trade.
I don't think that diffamating will get more guests to your business.

Try rather Kindness, Authenticity and Quality, it might work as it does for us at Pantastico!

Hope your little person can understand and get to grow... good luck!

By the way thanks to all of you who really visited us since we took over this place on December 2011 and let us an objective comment.

Saludos cordiales de Cusco, Bertrand Gross

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have been fortunate enough to call Casa home for the past three months. The staff here are all so warm, helpful and welcoming. The view from the internal balcony makes for a splendid place to have a morning coffee. There is also a small kitchen and a comfortable TV room. I cannot imagine my time in Cusco being happier anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was fortunate enough to have Casa de la Gringa 2 as my base in Cusco for over three months. Yvonne, Emilia and Israel welcomed us like we were family. They were always willing to help out, always ensured that we were comfortable, gave us big smiles and hugs when we arrived on their doorstep unexpectedly, and encouraged us to practice our Spanish with them. Casa 2 has such a cosy and friendly atmosphere that makes it feel like home - whether this is communal breakfast in the morning, or sitting up on the balcony soaking up the afternoon sun having a chat with fellow travellers. Admittedly the hot water system does struggle when there is a full house and everyone trying to shower within a short space of time, but most of the time it is scalding hot. The beds are comfy, the staff are so friendly, and it is within great proximity to all of the major charms of Cusco. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Double rooms closer to kitchen are much quieter
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ft89
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I met his parents in Cusco. We spent 6 nights at the hostel and have absolutely zero complaints. We were upstairs and slept great, but our parents awoke sometimes to the creaky floor and night bell because their room was on the first floor.

We had a nice relaxing breakfast every morning of fruit and yogurt or eggs with tea and coffee. The service is amazing. The four staff we interacted with during the week were extremely friendly and helpful.

The bathrooms were cleaned every day and most days had soap and toilet paper. I had a hot shower most days.

Re-reading this, it sounds like I do have some complaints but I have been traveling through Latin America for 9 months and from my experience (lots!), this is one of the best places we've stayed. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family