Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
5 Day Salkantay + Short Inca Trail Trek

I booked a five day Salkantay + Short Inca Trail with Evolution Treks Peru during my month long... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Holly L
Great service and guides

We have recently returned from Peru where we used Evolution Treks for our operator on both the... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
JOAN S

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from $379.05
from $275.00
from $47.50
from $455.05
More Info
All reviews worker owned inca trail sustainable practices women and men travel industry machu picchu fair trade guide miguel other companies huchuy qosqo trek day trek cake an amazing experience his knowledge camping gear sleeping pads tour operator
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just finished the 4-day tour of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. Many people here have written plenty about the beautiful views, the delicious food and the fantastic historical explanations at Machu Picchu. Where I want to focus here, is on the inspiring work that Evolution Treks Peru does to include women, and give their porters a humane an ethical treatment. One clear example of it is that while our porters were sharing meals with us, other porters were eating their meals outside in the rain. The same happened with the sleeping conditions other porters were forced to bear. At some point, our guide Rudi questioned some tourists about why their porters were sleeping in the toilets. Their reaction to finding out that this was happening was interesting. They were unaware of it and promised to write their operator about it. We know that this kind of treatment is standard practice in other trekking destinations of the world such as Kilimanjaro and Nepal. But this does not mean it has to be always like this. Thank God for Evolution that is slowly changing these poor practices and setting the example for how to trek responsibly. Evolution Treks deserves a standing ovation to the leadership they provide in this industry

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am usually a solo traveler, not into organized trips. I used a tour operator for the first time just because one was necessary to organize my hike to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. The decision I made in choosing Evolution Treks Peru as my tour operator was decisive for my adventure to be a complete success. In my opinion, there are a few simple things that determine the outcome of events. For instance, every morning, we were woken up with a cup of hot coca tea. Also, the food and tents were always ready each time we arrived in the campsites.

Another important thing is the fantastic job that the porters made; without their help, it would have been impossible for us to complete the Inca trail. Their huge smiles and constant support along the path were contagious. The women porters, Gladis and Honorata, deserve a special mention; We were very proud to have them with us. Evolution seemed to be the only operator hiring women on the trail; we never saw any other women around. We highly recommend this company.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and i just returned from the sacred valley tour. It was an amazing day tour. The sights were mindblowing and the food was delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I just completed the one day tour of the Rainbow mountain. Despite the super early start and the lack of sleep we enjoyed the hike to the top of this beautiful mountain. The altitude made it difficult for some of us on the way up, thankfully Evolution provided oxygen and a horse for those who were struggling. Also, we got a bunch of snacks and a massive lunch upon completing the hike. Props to our guide Wilbert.

1  Thank Leiser jesus J

Outstanding service.
We thought that starting the tour at 3am was insane but we were rewarded with the most beautiful views of the sunrise at the look out of the Rainbow mountain. The planning, organization and support we got from Evolution was outstanding.

1  Thank Richard M