Review Highlights
Beyond Satisfaction

I accidently bumped into this vendor-Peru by Locals when searched a day trip in Cusco. At beginning... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ccinla57
Rowland Heights, California
Amazing Experience!!

I took my family (10 people total, 5 kids ages 5-12, grandma + grandpa, husband and brother in law... read more

Reviewed April 8, 2019
Corene Oustad B

All reviews jose condor his team inca trail trek rainbow mountain cake machu picchu train tickets an incredible experience day trek sun gate highly recommend this company months in advance our tour guide own pace wealth of knowledge inca history flora and fauna
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Jose Condor, the owner of peru by locals, is the best most knowledgeable tour guide ever! he's so fun to hike with and always has a smile on his face. you can tell he really loves and cares about what he does. every part of the guided tour was catered specifically to our needs and my mom and i felt like it was really personalized. peru by locals really felt like a local was taking you around and not just a commercialized tour guide. you could pretty much ask Jose about anything and he would have the answer! we had so much fun and i would recommend jose condor and his crew of professionals to anyone who is traveling to peru. THANK YOU PERU BY LOCALS!!!!! <3

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018

My daughter and I just finished our Machu Picchu hike with Jose Condor the owner of perubylocals.com I have to say it was the best vacation I’ve ever had! IT WAS EPIC! Jose Condor made us feel like a local; the trek to the Sun Gate was amazing from start to finish! It was an unbelievable adventure and experience! Jose promptly picked us up in the morning around 5:15 a.m. and escorted us with his driver Luis. One and a half hours later we were on the train to the historic Inca Trail! He packed us the most delicious lunch with local Peruvian snacks and as we hiked and wove our way 7.5 miles along the trail head we learned about the rich history and we talked and laughed for hours. His experience and knowledge was invaluable! When we arrived at the end of the trail at approximately 4 o’clock in the afternoon we were awestruck! Photographs just do not do this sight justice! As we set our eyes on a Machu Picchu in the afternoon (and note that most of the tourists had left) it felt like we had the place all to ourselves! Then just as he as predicted the rain slowly started to fall and we quickly made our way to the bus and descended to our camping site which had already been set up by his porters! Jose paid so much attention to details, he was so knowledgeable, flexible and accommodating! The campsite was set along the beautiful Urubamba River; a sight to behold. His crew made us the most delicious Peruvian dinner and after dark we made our way into Aguas Calientes a beautiful three-star hotel where we were able to have a hot shower and get a great night’s rest! In the morning, we woke up had a delicious breakfast which was included at the hotel and headed back to Machu Picchu where we went through every nook and cranny in this historical site. Jose is so smart, he speaks great English, he always seems happy, he’s definitely reliable, kind, trustworthy and funny! His experience and joy for life is contagious! I highly recommend Jose Condor and his company to anyone and everyone who will be traveling to Peru. You can be 100% confident that you will have the time of your life- just as my daughter and I did! It actually feels like he’s a member of our family now! Also be sure to ask him for other tours when you’re in Cusco there’s so many sites and places to see and he is happy to take you there himself or give you a guide from his company who is as wonderful as he is. Muchas Gracias Jose Condor and Crew - we love Jose Condor and Peru by locals!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Phenomenal organization and service. Logistics, food and personability of our guides were all top notch. Didn't want to leave. Would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I recently returned from a 4 day hike of the Inca Trail with Peru by Locals. The owner, Jose, was extremely organized and accommodated our requests to stay an additional day than the rest of our group which mean he needed to organize an additional ticket to Machu Picchu, different trains, and different transportation back to Cusco. He had all of this done seamlessly. The trip could not have been better. Our guides, Alfredo and Sabi were exceptional. They were extremely personable and quickly felt like part of our group. The porters and support staff were incredible and the food served on the trip far exceeded my expectations. It was like a gourmet meal each time, which was incredible considering we were camping. I would highly recommend Peru by Locals! We also did the Sacred Valley and Rainbow Mountain tours with them and both of these tours were also incredible. Well worth spending a few extra days in Cusco to explore more of the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Twelve friends and I hiked the Inca Trail alongside our Peru by Locals guides, porters, and cooks. I had an incredible experience.

- Our guides, Savino and Alfredo, were friendly, funny, and knowledgeable.
- Our food tasted fresh and delicious every single time. I still don't understand how the food was as good as it was. Portions were very generous, a welcome sight after hours of hiking!
- Our porters carried a bunch of equipment and gear, including 12 pounds of personal belongings.
- My tent was warm and comfy every night.
- We were given plenty of water while on the trail.
- Our rental gear was of high quality and in great shape.

10/10. Excellent. Use Peru by Locals if you want to hike the Inca Trail.