Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome day in the mountains with Bill at Haku Expeditions

I rounded out a 3 month trip in South America with a full day tour with Bill, and 1 other customer... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
leonpetrie
Cusco Region, Peru
via mobile
Great Mountain Biking in Cusco

We went for a one day mounting biking tour in the Cusco area. I am quite an experienced mounting... read more

Reviewed December 8, 2018
Joel S

All reviews single track mountain biking day trip mtb tour downhill trail challenging trails four wheeling rest days quality bikes sacred valley local family gravity peru machu picchu awesome company traveling solo far exceeded our expectations peru experience
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Do not book a tour with this company unless you want to be ripped off! I booked an ATV tour today for $70 and I booked a little late so I took a taxi (that I paid for) to meet the tour at the location of the ATV. When I got to the tour I realized the tour guide didn't speak English so I had to have another customer translate everything for me. I also found out that I was on a tour by a different company than I called to book and that everyone else on the tour only paid $35. This company told me that the tour would be back in Cusco at 2pm and I will arrive back around 3:15pm which is making me late to the airport for a flight. So many problems! I am asking for a refund for at least the $30 difference of the tour price and they are telling me that they will only offer me $15. I would have NEVER booked this tour in the first place if they had told me the guide didn't speak English or I would be back in Cusco this late. I feel completely cheated!

Date of experience: October 2016
4  Thank eringoods
William K, Owner at Haku Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

I am so sorry you felt ripped off. Unfortunately you showed up an hour and a half after the tour left and so there was not much time to sit and talk logistics with you about the tour such as "what to expect." All our other reviews of this tour are great because those people actually booked in advance and had emails concerning, "What to bring, what to expect." They have never complained about price either! You walked in the door after having missed the tour at all the other locations and we bent over backwards to get you on it. My husband said you would get in around 2 and never said "You will be back at 2 pm sharp." Remember you left late, and the entire tour group had to wait for YOU. I think that for future purposes you should plan your trip a bit better and shop around for the price you want to pay. If your looking for a tour last minute, you will pay more. If you go direct to someone who owns ATVs you will pay less than if you go through an agency, that is just plain common sense. You went through an agency,we don't own the ATVS, nor would we want to we sub-contract that out like everyone else in Cusco except the two companies who own the ATVS. Thank you very much for your review, I hope that it will be helpful for people in the future to see that booking in advance makes for much more pleasant trip. Take care and happy travels.

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Bill and Nicole, owners of Haku Expeditions and American expats, arranged a Salkantay trek for our group of four women ranging in age from 47-61. The transportation, lodging and food was great and well planned. The housing was small lodges with decent beds and often warm showers and electricity. Bottled water was provided the entire time. Our guide, Josias, was the best!!! He spoke English well, was knowledgeable about the area, took great care of us and was fun to be with. We hated to leave him at the end of the trek. The trek itself was challenging on day 2 when you go up over 15,000 feet, but we all made it without riding the horse they bring along for backup. You need to be in good physical shape for this trek. Seeing Machu Pichu and hiking up Huaynu Picchu were highlights of the trek. Niicole arranged a driver for us the days we were in Cusco and we toured the Sacred Valley, markets, and Sacsaywaman. I highly recommend Haku Expeditions. The value for the money is terrific and they are there in Cusco to help you with whatever you need.

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks Dianne. We were so happy that this trip went so well for your group. Not needing the horse shows how tough you ladies are! Josias was thrilled to be your guide, he really enjoyed being with you for the Salkantay Trek.
Take care
Safe travels!

Reviewed October 7, 2016

This was an awesome tour, well priced and organised! Great communication from staff and everything ran so smoothly!!

Date of experience: September 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Glad you enjoyed the trip, we find it the best way to see the Peruvian countryside!

Reviewed September 27, 2016

First of all, it was nice to have everything pre arranged. The guide came and spoke with me the night before, so I knew what to expect. From there you just let them transport you to the first town, and take it from there. It's nice to know the itinerary as I could mentally prepare for each day, knowing what is ahead. I especially liked that at certain points they would transport your larger backpack, so you only carry what is necessary. Pay attention to the packing list as a few essentials are key, especially a hat, for warmth or to block the sun.

Date of experience: August 2016

Thanks Patrick. Salkantay is our favourite trek to send people on, I am so glad you enjoyed it and all went well.

Cheers

Reviewed September 13, 2016

Highlight of my trip to Peru! Wish I had known about Bill/Nicole and Haku before I came down to Peru. I ran into Bill on my Salkantay Trek when he was guiding a multiday rip session and I promised to come in when I got back. They did not disappoint. Very fun downhill, wish I could have done some more with them. Quality bikes and gear, rent the full facemask helmet so you can keep your pretty face in once piece. Try to give an actual assessment of your skill level so they know where to take you!

Date of experience: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

It is always amazing for us to get serious riders out on some killer single track. Hope you come back for a 10 day tour!