“Easy, Convenient, and Clean”
Review of Eco Inn Cusco

Eco Inn Cusco
Ranked #33 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, and the hotel stay was clean, decent, adequate, and overall nice. The downfall was that the gorgeous windows that overlook the mountains of Cusco do not have screens. So be aware, the idea of leaving your windows open at night will quickly vanish when flies and mosquitos swarm the room. In addition, the internet did not work well in the rooms, but got better in the lobby.

The breakfast was adequate with a diverse menu. The typical eggs, cereal, and fruit is present, along with random chicken wings.

The hotel is located near the main square, and within easy reach from anywhere. You can easily walk to restaurants, churchs, the main plaza, and there is two decent shopping squares to buy your typical Peruvian gifts: scarves, sweaters, and other gifts.

I give it three stars merely for the poor service encounter I had with the bell staff. When asked for a cab, one of the bell/doorman offered to drive us to the restaurant for 30 soles! When refused, we grabbed a cab off the street and it was 5 soles! While I understand the slight upcharge, that was beyond ridiculous. I later told the receptionist, and she apologized and said at most, it should have been 10 soles.

All in all. It's a nice choice, but be cautious on getting rides from the doorman.

1  Thank NatalieAnnGarcia
There are newer reviews for Eco Inn Cusco

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at the Eco Inn for 8 nights before moving onto Aguas Calientes and then returned there for a further 4 nights before flying onto Lima. The hotel is away from the main square but within easy reach by taxi and, once you have acclimatised, within easy walking distance.

My initial contact with the hotel was disappointing, as I mailed them to request a collection from the airport on our arrival. The answer came back in Spanish and when I mailed them again to confirm what my understanding of the contents of the mail was, they responded in Spanish again. The problem that I have with this is that the hotel is dealing with an international clientele and should respond to a query in the language that it is written in - if I had made the request in Spanish, I would expect the reply in Spanish - not when both my mails were in English. As it was, the driver was not at the airport to collect us and we ended up taking an independent taxi who really ripped us off (you learn all the time).

Check in was seamless and the employee assisting us spoke very good English and was able to answer any questions that we had. The rooms are really nice looking and comfortable with nice sized bathrooms and our room faced the street and had a balcony. The only gripe that I had was that there were no complimentary coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms - I then discovered that this was throughout all the hotels that we stayed in. The second room that we had booked was a king size and was even better - must say that their accommodation is really good quality.

The breakfasts at the hotel are really good and the staff on duty are friendly and attentative. What I did find is that the restaurant prices were very expensive compared to the restaurants in Cusco. The food in the hotel is good - but if you eat lunch, dinner or snacks at the hotel, it is expensive compared to what you can find in the rest of Cusco.

We made use of the Spa services on two occasions in the 12 days that we were there. While expensive, the services are very good and the Spa is well laid out and the staff are excellent. Our transfers to the airport after our second stay was seamless and the hotel has facilities to store luggage when you go through to Machu Picchu which is a great help.

Would I stay there again? I am in two minds - certain aspects were disappointing but others were very good. I am not convinced that the value for money is here but I still enjoyed the stay on both occasions - difficult for me not to recommend. My ratings are influenced by the poor start (mails and non-collection) and are countered by the fact that we did enjoy our stay.
The above is my original review of the Eco Inn. I have now updated this review as I received a direct reply from the hotel thanking me for my input. They apologised for the original responses in Spanish and stated that they have taken this into consideration for the future. They also requested that I provide them information to enable them to refund me for the taxi fare that I paid (was ripped off by). I believe that this really was a gesture that showed the importance of customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very clean hotel, the staff went out of their way to help at any time, the food was very good and the internet was free, it felt very safe to walk around at night.
The hotel design was very traditional and make an excellent harmony with the inka's walls outside.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Easy going hotel near the main square about 10-15 minutes. The rooms are clean and functional but do not have AC however at the altitude you are at it`s not required. (around 3000m up)
Room was very well presented, maintained.
The Internet is ok but a lot of the signals do not work in the room however the lobby works fine.
Breakfast is very good with a wide selection of fruits yogurts cereals (local) and a good variety of breads and hot food.
There are markets directly across the road if you wish to get some shopping in as well ( local clothing knickknacks etc...)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the back because being near the road near the lobby is to noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Eco is an international style big hotel located around 15 mins walk from the main square. We stayed here after the inca trail as we we wanted a big comfy bed, good shower and cable tv to relax for a few days. We were disappointed by the shower which was weak trickle of warm water and broke on the first night, but to be fair they sent someone to fix it straight away. Otherwise this was exactly what we were looking for to unwind and recharge. If you want to be close to the centre then this is not for you but has helpful staff and a good varied breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

this was a nice very clean hotel, the staff went out of their way to help at any time, the food was very good and the internet was free, it felt very safe to walk around at night and there are lots of places to exchange your money for local cash at a better rate than the hotel.
night temps. are cool so you will need a sweater if you are going in september

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Eco Inn In Cusco after a trip to Machu Picchu and would highly recommend the hotel. It is located in a safe area of town, right across the street from a locals craft market. The walk to the main square of town is only 10 minutes. The rooms are excellent (not air conidtioned, although I think you don't need that at the altitude that Cusco is) and the restaurant in the hotel serves food exceeding hotel good expectations.