“Good location and nice breakfast”
Review of Eco Inn Cusco

Eco Inn Cusco
Ranked #33 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just went with my husband last 12th July, and it was a great experience. People at hotel desk are very friendly and hotel is very cozy.

They have offers to dinner which are very convenient.

It is located about 20 minutes walking from the main square of Cusco. There is a great crafts market just crossing the street where you can shop almost anything from carpets to pins.

Breakfast was not gourgeous, but very very fine. There was a variety of cereals, milk, bread, etc. and fresh fruits, as well as a chef that made fresh omelettes. Nice, uh?

Cusco is noisy, Del Sol Avenue is noisy, but, lets face it, it is the safest and best location to get to know Cusco downtown.

I liked these hotel very much, and I found it well priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eco Inn Cusco

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at Eco Inn Cusco for 2 nights out of my 7 day stay in Peru. Normally, I would stay away from most hotels that have the word "INN" in it just because most Inn's did not meet my expectations. When I travel, I like to stay in 4 stars and up hotels. However, with this trip the hotel was chosen for us because we went with a tour. I was actually surprised how clean, bright and huge this hotel was. The location was great and was about a 8-10 minute walk to Plaza De Armas. It was so convienet and we did not even need to take a taxi there. We also walked late at night and felt safe. Wifi was great here! It was slow, but definetely not as slow as Urubamba hotels. I was able to chat with friends, check email and facebook without any problems. This hotel did have a TV but only about 2 American channels. The breakfast buffet was generous. They had a omlette station, scrambled eggs, cheese and meat platters, various breads, french toast/crepes/pancakes (varies day to day) and more. They had various teas, coffee and the best hot chocolate I've tasted in Peru. Also there is no need to bring a travel power converter here because they have PLENTY of US electrical outlets in the room. Only issue I had was that the staff were like politicians. They would promise one thing but never deliver. We had asked for more toilet paper in the room and towels two times and I even called them in the front desk and the whole 6 hours no one came up. Check out my review on the SPA! It was super worth it and was only $60 in USD! In the US, this type of spa and quality would cost well over $200!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, in a great location. Very close (with in walking distance) to Market square, were you can do all the shopping & eating you want. Rooms are clean & medium size. There is a great little restaurant just down the hill & a little bar, that seats about 12 max just up the hill. We had drinks & watch football (Soccer) with the locals. It was great fun! The WiFi is not too good. They offer a generous breakfast buffett. ATM is just a couple doors down, you can get US or Peru currency. The electrical outlets take both US & European.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank frosteez
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good location and very clean room. Market, restaurants, bakeries, and a huge artisan market steps away from hotel.
Most staff are friendly and warm. Restaurant service is not as good. We were a big group traveling, the night we came back from Macchu Picchu,most of us dedided to eat at the hotel restaurant. Restaurant was busy,and staff was busy and overwhelmed. I understand that we have to wait. But staff rudely ignore us. I have to get up to get menus and to ask them to serve us. After 20 minutes, I have to get up again to remind them. After almost an hour, i gave up ,went back to my room. Horrible service at restaurant!
Might go back to hotel next time if price is right only!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Eco Inn is directly across the street from the Handicraft center of Cusco which I had found on line before our trip and had read good reviews about, the hotel is in walking distance of quite a few things in the middle of town. The rooms are very nice and the amenities are great. They have hot coca leaf tea in the lobby day and night to help aclimate you to the 12,000 foot elevation. The staf was excellent and the food in the hotel was first rate. When I go back I will stay at the same place. For the price you can't beat it. Their gift shop is nice too.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the interior court do not let street noise in, were quiet. Lobby area was great fo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoeFinch
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was perfect, actually the best I had in Peru.
They can store your luggage. I was a bit sceptic aboute this but when we came back from MP my luggage was peacefully waiting for me in my room. My friend wasn't so lucky but after 5 minutes of searching she got her luggage too.

The location was perfect. It's not so far from Plaza de Armas and because of that its much quieter than in the centre of the town. Just across the street is a big handcraft market wich comes very handy if you want to buy some presents. There are many restaurants around the hotel.
We never had an opportunity to try the spa but I must say its a bit expensive. Overall it's a good hotel and I would recommend to anybody who wants to stay in Cusco for day or two.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We reached Cusco late afternoon on our way to Machu Picchu. My wife got altitude sickness and had to be given oxygen twice before dinner. Then at night she was worse and again had to be given oxygen. The staff was very helpful and cooperative. Thanks to a doctor in our group who administered medication she was well by morning to make the trip to Machu Picchu. That night the staff helped us very willingly.

Eco Inn is a nice hotel which gives very good vibrations when ou enter because of the openness and natural light in the lobby. It has a nice resturant which serves very good food, we choose to have both dinners here by choice they have a good selection and what all we tried was very good. The breakfast too was very good, in both variety and taste.

In all a very good stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are a wee bit noisy because of the lobby and resturant are on this flo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends