“Great wine just disappointed we didn't get the chance to eat here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Baco

Baco
Ranked #36 of 691 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great wine just disappointed we didn't get the chance to eat here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

After visiting its great sister restaurant in Cusco, my partner and I were keen to experience what Baco had to offer. We went for wine on our way home which was lovely with a friendly and welcoming service to match. We were even given a complimentary tasting plate which was lovely. We made arrangements to eat there the following day after looking at their superb menu however, were extremely disappointed that due to our tour being late returning we missed last orders :( From viewing their menu and our experience at their sister restaurant I would strongly recommend visiting here.

• Visited March 2014

“A real New Years Day treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited Baco restaurant as my New Years Day treat after visiting their sister restaurant Cicollini several days earlier. I'd not taken the liberty of booking a table in advance but as a solo traveller was relieved to be met by the excellent welcoming Maître'D who offered me the opportunity to sample the culinary delights of his finely appointed establishment. I was not disappointed with my
choice and although given a cursory "time limit" ( 1 1/2 hours) I was treated with impeccable efficiency and politeness. The real treat was the food which was amazingly fresh and flavoursome with the best quality cut of meat and ingredients utilised and the presentation was outstanding. As a "real" foodie and food critic I have enjoyed the finest food in London, New York, Rome, Paris & Hong Kong visiting numerous restaurants such as The Ivy, Gordon Ramsay, Per Se - New York I feel I have the first hand experience and knowledge to personally recommend Baco as one of the finest restaurants I've visited and would not hesitate to award it the highest accolade. A true find and jewel in the crown in South American fine dining.

• Visited January 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Alpaca, not the wool.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My first taste of Alpaca was worth the restaurant despite the warning to leave before the next setting was due. Again, another challenge of traveling in high season

Visited December 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Pizza, but Hold the Cheese!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

After travelling for over a week in Peru, we needed a gastronomic change of pace from the Peruvian theme. What is more nurturing than a good pizza right? After scouring the northern end of the plaza we went to the cathedral end and fell upon Baco, near the Marriott. We loved the ambience from the start, the menu was interesting with great pizza selections and an extensive and interesting wine list.
Not overly hungry, we ordered a prosciutto pizza with basil and spinach as well as a 'Hot'n'Spicy' with Peruvian chills and chorizo. Fresh ingredients and a lovely crisp base made these pizzas potentially fantastic except that they were way too cheesy - shame. If you like your pizzas extra cheesy, this is the place for you because everything else was excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Alicante, Spain
“Deserves a much better ranking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We wanted to try Cicciolina with no reservation and had to leave because they were fully booked. They referred us to their sister restaurant Baco. First we thought we were referred to second class but after experiencing Baco we were happy that Cicciolina was too busy.
Baco is a heaven of peace and quiet compared to Cicciolina.
The food is good and the service fast and friendly. In fact we were so happy with Baco that at the end we ate there 3 times during our stay in Cusco.
Well recommended.