“Great Italian inspired taste ”
Review of Cicciolina

Cicciolina
Ranked #77 of 978 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very nice restaurant on the second floor compound. Food tastes great with most dishes containing some Italian influence, e.g. osso buco, seafood risotto, etc. The atmosphere was really great and service was attentive.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (5,203)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want to eat here, be sure to make a reservation in advance so you can sit in the dining room. Otherwise, just show up for tapas at the bar. We were advise to book a table and were not disappointed. Service was great and the chef is excellent and creative. Portions were larger than we expected so we may have over eaten. We each had a salad and an entree - which for me was a delight as I had the alpaca filet with very local herbs and spices. I truly felt like I was having a gourmet Inca meal. We speak enough spanish to get by but note that most people in Cusco do speak English so do not worry about the language. Save room for dessert as it was a delightful surprise. Be advised that they do charge a table charge for the white table cloth restaurant but we were never rushed and it was worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Highly recommend Cicciolina. It's located on the second floor and we saw no elevators, just stairs. Our group arrived after 6pm, and the place was empty. By 7pm, it was full! We had 4 types of tapas - roasted tomato and goat cheese, red trout ceviche, grilled eggplant, and bbq scallops. Two of us also had the gnocchi made of Peruvian potatoes, which was amazing. We also had the beef and mushroom baguette from the chalkboard menu above the bar, so definitely check that for other tapas options!

Service was excellent, and the maracuya sours were wonderful (20 soles for a small). Definitely one of the more expensive options in Cusco, but it was worth it.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant has a great atmosphere made so by its professional and friendly staff from the moment you arrive to when you leave.

The range of food and style of dishes makes it hard to choose what to eat. It’s a foodies menu - very pleasing.

We were given bread and a delicious tomato sauce as the house starter.

I opted for the duck with port sauce for my main meal accompanied by a bottle of red wine - Peruvian Tannat.

The duck was perfectly cooked and flavourful. The Tannat was a surprisingly excellent accompaniment at a decent price point.

Loved the decor, low lighting and beautiful gladioli too.

If I had the time I would return and try another dish. It’s worth every penny.

Reviewed March 15, 2019

I cannot remember how many times I have visited Cicciolina. My favorite place for tapas, wine and a great conversation. The location is superb, the food delicious and the atmosphere suitable for great memories. Try the restaurant menu, full of great dishes!.

Date of visit: April 2018