“Great food--especially the onion soup”
Review of Cicciolina

Cicciolina
Ranked #33 of 743 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've fancied myself an onion soup aficionado for years. I eaten it far and wide from Irish pubs in Boston to steak houses out west. Nothing compares to the onion soup here.

There are newer reviews for Cicciolina

Reviewed June 24, 2014

So gourmet. Like stepping into some other world with the ambience. I felt like I was in Spain eating at a world class restaurant. Service is excellent and the food tastes like you have never had a real meal in your whole life particularly if your sick of local chicken, rice, French fries. Best recommendations so far: Guinea Pig Confit in a delicious caramelised Granny Smith apple, balsamic glaze, on bed of minted potato mash and sweet potato, also amazing the red onion soup marinated for a day in herbs and port, the beet root ravioli stuffed with fresh basil, parmesan and caramelised pecans. Why can't this restaurant be closer to me and not on the other side of the world? Owned by and Aussie and Chef from Lima.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

After so many online reviews saying this was the best meal people had eaten in Cusco, we had to come try it for lunch. It's located on the 2nd floor of a building with multiple businesses in it. The vibe is fun, relaxed, but the staff was very attentive to our needs which was the perfect mix. We came late in the afternoon for lunch and it wasn't crowded. The salads were beautiful, fresh, and colorful. The fried shrimps coated in black and white quinoa was really yummy and such a cool idea. The clear broth soup was alright, would have tasted better without the beef in it though. The home made beet raviolis were awesome! They were this beautiful red beet color. The only thing was they dressed 3 out of 4 of them and left one naked. We really didn't understand why but I'm sure they have a good reason, right? :) The trout dish was also good. Very fresh, local, and yummy. It's a tiny open kitchen set up behind the bar counter and the brigade was running a tight ship. They were even making squid ink pasta when we were there, fresh!!!

Sit in the bar so you don't have to pay extra to eat in the dining area. Lastly, the reason I loved this place so much was that for everything I just said above, the price wasn't very high for what you got, it was great!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place has been one of my favorites for every trip to cusco, the ambiance is very good, with bar zone for "piqueos" and a zone for dinner tables. The fusion is very well drive mixing traditional pasta flavors with local cuisine, prices are maybe over the media or like place in a big city but it worth, if you plan to have a sibarita dinner, consider this place.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Sit in the bar area & you can order off either menu. We had a fabulous late lunch of shared, inexpensive tapas. Got to try a lot of new things. Neat view from our table looking out a big open window. Salads looked great, but we didn't get to try this time. Fast service at 2pm.