“Nice Lunch Splurg”
Review of Cicciolina

Cicciolina
Ranked #38 of 778 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I ate her when in Cusco in Nov 2011. We stopped in for a late lite lunch and had some yummy apps as a meal along with a couple of drinks. It wasn't cheap as I recall, but nice upscale food using Peruvian ingrediants and Italian influence.

It looked busy for dinner and I assumed a larger meal would be good too.

When I say it wasn't cheap or seemed pricey, this is by Peru standards, not USA.

I would recommend it for special meal on your trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,480)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A small cute restaurant which is almost always full, especially in the evenings. Make a reservation before you go, just to be on the safe side. The food was excellent, the wine selection good and the staff was polite and friendly. Slightly more expensive than the average restaurant in Peru but totally worth it. Modern peruvian cuisine with splashes of international flavors! Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

my wife and I went to Cicciolina to have a nice,romantic dinner for valentines day after 45 minutes we were able to order our drinks,20 minutes later our apetizer by the way we had 3 different waiters none of which knew what the other was doing.The food tasted fine even if there wasnt much of a selection to choose from.
The fact is I began to feel sick after a couple of hours .I went home because there was no way to continue our night and spent the next 36hrs. sicker than I have ever been.
I had to cancel our trip for the next day and was not given a refund on our flight.
My wife called to explain the situation not to get money or a comp but so they would throw the shrimp out but the manager an Argentine couldnt care less. He tried to give my wife medical advice saying that theres no way I would get sick so soon instead of apologizing. ( dont ask how I knew it was the shrimp).He never asked our name or what we ate.
He obviously couldnt care what happens to the clients. If I were the owner I would have my staff trained to handle such situations differently instead of acting with indifference.

On a side note we are not tourists but actually live here and have had time to aclimate to the food and have never had this problem with any other "gourmet" restaraunt in Cusco.

Beware order nothing with seafood and if you get sick dont expect the manager to recognize the possibility it could be from an overpriced shrimp appetizer. I should have been smart enough to know that theres zero chance they would have fresh seafood even in an upperclass restaraunt such as cicciolina.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Unpretentious, lively, fun. Upstairs with a bakery on the ground floor. A bistro style eatery with an espresso/liquor bar. Good wine selection. The best duck selections…several…in Cusco and maybe Peru? A chef that eats his own salads during lulls which are few. A fun and attentive staff, some making fresh pastas. A formal dining room overlooking the narrow windy streets of Cusco near the main plaza. What is there not to love about this place. We returned so many times in our week in Cusco, we lost count! Breakfast lunch and dinner. 3 blocks from the main plaza. Bravo!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cicciolina is one of the premier restaurants of Cuzco. They are known for dinner. They also have a cleverly titled breakfast service called "Bread and Breakfast." Even though my hotel serves an very good breakfast that is included in the rate, I was curious about Cicciolina and so I went a few days ago (today is February 10, 2013). I ordered "fresh fruit with yoghurt and muesli." I received a lovely little plate of delicious fruit with one teaspoon of muesli (if was that much) with optimistically a tablespoon of yoghurt and abundant honey. Had there actually been an edible amount of yoghurt and muesli I would not be writing this negative review. I am not objecting to the price per se. I knew it was going to be expensive because I read the menu. I am objecting to the misrepresentation of what I received. Shame on them.