“A Great Little Restaurant in old town Cusco”
Review of Cicciolina

Cicciolina
Ranked #33 of 743 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Unpretentious, lively, fun. Upstairs with a bakery on the ground floor. A bistro style eatery with an espresso/liquor bar. Good wine selection. The best duck selections…several…in Cusco and maybe Peru? A chef that eats his own salads during lulls which are few. A fun and attentive staff, some making fresh pastas. A formal dining room overlooking the narrow windy streets of Cusco near the main plaza. What is there not to love about this place. We returned so many times in our week in Cusco, we lost count! Breakfast lunch and dinner. 3 blocks from the main plaza. Bravo!

There are newer reviews for Cicciolina

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cicciolina is one of the premier restaurants of Cuzco. They are known for dinner. They also have a cleverly titled breakfast service called "Bread and Breakfast." Even though my hotel serves an very good breakfast that is included in the rate, I was curious about Cicciolina and so I went a few days ago (today is February 10, 2013). I ordered "fresh fruit with yoghurt and muesli." I received a lovely little plate of delicious fruit with one teaspoon of muesli (if was that much) with optimistically a tablespoon of yoghurt and abundant honey. Had there actually been an edible amount of yoghurt and muesli I would not be writing this negative review. I am not objecting to the price per se. I knew it was going to be expensive because I read the menu. I am objecting to the misrepresentation of what I received. Shame on them.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went with a group of 5 and we were all impressed. I had the Alpaca steak. I was expecting it to be a bit tough and/or gamey and was pleasantly surprised. The steak was tender and cooked to perfection with a wonderful sauce. Others at the table had river trout, pasta and sea bass and all of the dishes were excellent. The dining room was intimate and the overall experience was top notch. If ever in Cusco again, I won't hesistate to return.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our meal here may have been the best in Cusco, especially comparing the very reasonable price (compared to other restaurants we visited). Loved the atmosphere as well.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This isn't a cheap place, but the food is divine. I had the steak and my partner had the ink squid pasta. It was fabulous. Coupled with some double pisco sours, twas a great night