“We at at Cicciolina twice during our stay in Cusco.”
Review of Cicciolina

Cicciolina
Ranked #34 of 729 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Houston, Texas, United States
“We at at Cicciolina twice during our stay in Cusco.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were a party of five both times and got great service and food both times. The food was inventive and the wine fantastic. We spent about $35 for dinner and wine and considered that a great deal.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
“Some of the best food in cusco”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is NOT an Italian restaurant. It's fusion Peruvian with multiple international influences (Italian, Asian, etc). They cook out of a tiny kitchen, but results are amazing. We ate there twice. All our choices were superb, especially seafood. Service was excellent. They even accomodated a reservation screw-up (wrong night). GO!

• Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“A Great Pre/Post Trek Dinner. So Good. So, So Good.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Cicciolina had been suggested to me by a couple of tourists during my stay in Cusco, but more importantly by my trek guide as a place to indulge in a great meal without being over-the-top or too posh.

Man, he nailed it. Excellent, interesting food, great wine and good ambiance. I went full-bore and had an appetizer, a main, dessert and 2 glasses of wine (hey, trekking takes a lot of calories). It was honestly one of the best meals I had in a long time.

I know the place can get crowded at times, but as a single traveler I had no problem walking up without reservations and getting a seat at the bar around 7-8pm. In fact, I decided to eat at Cicciolina after my trek as well and found several seats open again at 9pm.

There weren't any other solo diners at the bar during my visits, but the food and my Kindle were all I needed to be perfectly content. Definitely a restaurant and not a bar scene.

As for that bar I sauntered up to, it was a little difficult to get noticed on my own at times, as is so often the case in the no-man's-land between bartenders and waiter. Overall I wouldn't say it affected the dining experience however.

My meals were definitely on the more expensive side of Peruvian prices, but a fraction of the price I'd expect to pay for the quantity and quality of food in the US. I believe my final bill was in the neighborhood of $32.

I enthusiastically sent my parents to Cicciolina when they visited Peru a few months later and they were as pleased as I was. Perhaps in part due to the relief of having suggested it to a number of travelers before actually having dined there!

Eat at Cicciolina. It may feel unimaginative, since it seems to be *the place* to go and recommended by almost every publication, but there's reason why.

• Visited May 2012
WDC
“one of the best restaurants in town”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I used to live in Cusco and when we had special events for both personal and professional reasons, we would always choose Cicciolina. This is a warm and inviting location, ALWAYS full and best of all, run by a charming local family. The food is delicious, the wine list is great and the location is within one block of the main plaza tucked away just behind the Cathedral. As a travel agent, I recommend this restaurant all the time to even the most elite of clients. It is romantic for couples and cozy for groups as well. You will not regret it. Make sure you make reservations and Buen Provecho!

• Visited January 2012
Berkeley,CA
“Romantic but Average”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We came here on Thanksgiving night in order to celebrate the American holiday while abroad with some delicious food. We had reservations yet unexpectedly we ran more than 45 minutes late, but they still honored our reservation! They were kind and the service was extremely consistent as well.

My partner had the french onion soup and tagliatelle with chicken and mixed veggies which he absolutely enjoyed. I had the scallops as an appetizer and the gnocchi, both of which were extremely regrettable. The scallops were in a dark thin sauce that had too much vinegar or bitterness, and completely overpowered the scallops. In addition the gnocchi was just inedible - the sauce and the pasta felt similar to eating unpleasant cheese and dough. All in all, the food was inconsistent. I left hungry.

With 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 glasses of wine - the total came out to around $90 dollars, which is on the pricier end of things in Cusco. It isn't as cheap as the $10-15 dollar Tripadvisor suggests unless you plan denying yourself any pleasure. Worth a try - just be cautious on what you order.

• Visited November 2012