“Delightful surprise”

Ranked #68 of 806 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Italian, Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: From the bountiful forests and coasts of the Mediterranean to the Andean woodlands and the magical lakes and mighty rivers of our highlands, Incanto is like an Italian traveler who has fallen in love with Peru, merging his culture with our customs, our ingredients, and our special way of life. A relaxed Cusco-style trattoria where families, couples, and groups of friends can gather around a good pasta, a fabulous South American wine, a casual after-dinner chat, and all the hallmarks of Italian-American culture. Italian techniques and local ingredients, together with all the affection and magic that a table with good food has to offer. Come and explore Italian-Peruvian cooking in its purest form. Start your magic journey at Incanto!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our tour company took us to Incanto as a peace offering due to some problems we had had with them.the restaurant was a delightful surprise ! It was warm and welcoming and beautifully decorated including the inca wall ! We later realised we had been given a select menu which restricted our choice of dishes which was a bit disappointing when we could see the dishes other patrons were enjoying. I had the carpaccio entree and quinoa risotto as main. My only criticism was that the risotto was described as "spicy" however it was not in anyway . The flavour was beautiful but I had really wanted something with a bit of fire. The wine we had was very enjoyable and the service attentive.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Amazing flavor, amazing drinks and extra good treat!! Recommend 100%we ordered ravioli and in just seconds the platear was at our table. Before that focaccia was real good.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I truly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of Incanto. The food was amazing with healthy dishes like Quinoa salad and a great wine selection. The service was great and friendly and the light and airy decor was refreshing and relaxing.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I were walking by, looking for another restaurant when Oscar called us over to us the men of Incanto. He told us how to get to the restaurant we were looking for and said to go there, review their menu and if it is not what we a looking for, then come on back to Incanto.

We came back and were not disappointed with the food.

Our waiter was Saul. He was friendly, but seemed preoccupied when it came to servicing our needs. We placed our order of the Alpaca Steaks and grilled vegetables and asked for a bottle of water and a glass of wine. He smiled and disappeared. My wife was getting very annoyed and finally, Max, the floor manager came by and asked if everything was alright. We expressed our issue and he immediately brought the drinks and then came back in 5 minutes to bring another bottle of water that was sourly needed.

Approximately 20 minutes later, the steaks came out and looked delicious, except for one thing; my wife I allergic to eggplant and eggplant happened to be one of the grilled vegetables. Saul never told us what the grilled vegetables were and I told Max our issue. He left the plates with us and immediately went back to the kitchen and brought my wife a plate of grilled zucchini and apologized.

Now most wait staff would have taken the plates away and made new dished, which would have left us to sit there for another 20 minutes. My wife was able to remove the eggplant without effecting the steak, so Max let us eat we were able to enjoy our meal and then enjoy the zucchini that came within 5 minutes, without a long drawn out process.

Saul finally came by to clear the plates and bring the check. Max had not charged us for the Zucchini and we left very full and very happy.

Thank you Max!

1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We loved the food at the Incanto in Cusco. The Quinoa chowder was just what I needed to eat to help my body adjust to the altitude. Our tour operators recommended the Incanto and to eat light.