“Lovely food at a reasonable price”
Review of Incanto

Incanto
Ranked #43 of 758 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Italian, Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from this restaurant where my husband and I each tried one of the Peruvian dishes. They were both excellent and plentiful. The menu also had a good selection of pizzas and pastas. It was a little quiet as we ate early but we'd happily return.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had lasagne and a glass of wine for lunch here - wasnt bad. Lasagne wasn't the best I have ever had, but I am in Peru!

The service was lakclustre and I had to get the waiters attention at every stage.

I tried to go back here for a glass of wine whilst waiting for some friends the very same evening (I love the catena zapata malbec!) and they woudn't let me in without a reservation, I tried explaining that I just wanted to sit at the bar and was told they dont do that. Well OK then.

Incanto will enjoy good business for a while whilst their high rating on trip advisor holds. They can continue to be snooty. At some point, travellers will turn the tide and incanto will wise up to bar business and better service.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently went to Incanto through our VBT tour group. We were a party of 18. The restaurant had a clean sleek appearance with interesting decor and some nice Peruvian art work. The menu, rather extensive ranged from pasta, seafood and meat to dishes to a Peruvian menu as Peruvians like things a bit spicier than most Americans. The service was attentive but at times the wait staff was confused, no doubt due to our large party. For dinner, I started with a fresh garden salad that was quite good but over dressed. The fresh salads in Peru, especially if you love beets & avocados are excellent. My main course was the pasta carbonarra that had fresh made pappardelle noodles, but was over sauced, it was more a thin alfredo sauce rather than a rich egg sauce. My wife ordered the same salad and a pizza. The pizza was essentially smother cheese over a few ingredients and essentially a gut bomb. Most people at our table thought the food was okay. I believe that one of the problems with the food is that they are trying to cater to American tastes rather than creating the dishes in the expected style. The wine list consists of many nice South American wines, but the mark-up is steep. The desserts were also average to below average. For the price and quality, I can't recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently ate at Incanto which was recommended by our Lima Tour rep after we visited the Main Square of Cusco. Incanto met our needs, had English descriptions on the menu. Our waiter Max also spoke English so our order went in fine & came out likewise. A very good dinner and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

What's not to like about this jem of a restaurant right off the central square of Cusco?!! The cuisine is Peruvian-Fusion, and the ambiance is fantastic. The decor is typical Cusco with the exposed Inca stone walls, and the service was fantastic! Everyone spoke English so it was simple to navigate through the menu. The wines were great too!