“They went the extra mile”

Cusco Airport Shuttle
Ranked #13 of 28 Transportation in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a reliable transportation company operating in Cusco, Peru. We provide transfers between Cusco's airport and all hotels in Cusco city. We also deliver services to the major attractions in and around Cusco.
Reviewed June 20, 2017

I arrived in Cuzco before anything was open, including the tour office. The shuttle driver stopped at a money changer to make sure I had local currency, and took me to a cafe to wait in a safe place prior to me rendezvous

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Your safety first! Thank you for your review... we really appreciate it!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"train"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 13, 2017

Our driver Marko ? Picked us up at the airport for a transport to urubamba and was so friendly and before we new it we were on a tour because he was informative and stopped frequently for great vista views and photo spots we stopped at the weavers village and purchase authentic textiles. He was so awesome we booked him for the next day!! I would highly recommend cusco airport shuttle

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Ernesto D, Public Relations Manager at Cusco Airport Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Dear Kristina H
Thank you so much for your review! It means a lot for us!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

In 2008 the Tall Guy and I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. It was an awe-inspiring four days/three nights through the mountains. When we finally arrived at Machu Picchu we sat looking at the ruins and promised each other that we would return some day (via train) and stay one night at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. That one night was Friday May 26, 2017.

We planned our visit over the Memorial holiday. Organizing a trip from Miami to Machu Picchu over a long weekend is a well-choreographed logistics ballet requiring planes, trains, and automobiles. We could not have done it without the expert services of Cusco Shuttle. Instead of haggling with different taxi drivers at every turn, Cusco Shuttle facilitated all segments that required a car.

Our contact Ledy met us at the Cusco Airport on Friday morning, holding a little sign with our name. She spoke fluent English and introduced us to our driver, Henry. Henry took us directly to the Poroy train station, about an hour outside of Cusco. On Saturday evening he was waiting at the gauntlet that is Ollantaytambo train station making it easy and stress-free. We dozed the 2.5 hour drive back to Cusco, comfortable and safe in Henry’s care.

On Sunday Henry met us outside our hotel and took us to Pisac. We spent a pleasant morning in the market, stopped for lunch at a beautiful restaurant overlooking the Sacred Valley (see my review of “Alter Inca”), and dropped us off at Cusco Airport with plenty of time to catch our flight back to Lima.

Henry proved to be not only an excellent driver but also quite the tour guide. He pointed out many ruins and landmarks along the way to and from Pisac. He gave us a good orientation of the market. He introduced us to a new (to us) drink: “chicha morada,” a juice made from purple corn. And he taught us to count 1-10 in Quechua. Between us we spoke fluent Spanglish so language was never a barrier. He made the logistics of getting around Cusco and surrounding area easy and entertaining. We had an amazing weekend, thanks in part to Henry and Cusco Shuttle.

If you are looking for a simple airport pick-up or a complicated logistics ballet, look no further than Cusco Shuttle. You will find them to be professional and helpful with courteous and safe drivers.

1  Thank jet126
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

So sorry for the late response, but Thank you for your review! I was reading carefully all through, and I am really surprise about my own personal ! meaning that sometimes they exceed my expectations ... really happy for you ! I hope in the future we will help you and the tall guy to fulfill your promise of getting back to the mountains of Machupicchu !

Reviewed December 11, 2016

Cusco Shuttle was beyond reliable - My girlfriend (now fiancé) and I had 4 total transfers while we were in Cusco. Back-n-forth from the airport and back-n-forth from the train station. Our train getting back to Cusco was scheduled to get back at 8:15pm from Aguas Calientes, and ended up delayed by over an hour. Marco was still there waiting for us!! If you can, ask for Marco! He gave us great suggestions for restaurants as well. Overall, they took great care of us, and I would highly recommend them! They will make your trip to Cusco that much better.

Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

I am so glad that our services pleased you. Once in a while we got trains delayed, but even though is our duty wait for our customers, they are the foundation of our company. Thanks for your recommendation ! we really appreciate it!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Cusco Shuttle Airport Transportation: I booked this shuttle service over the internet - took a risk but turned out to be well worth it and now highly recommended. As I was unfamiliar with the layout of Cusco, and whether the altitude would be apparent on arrival at the airport I wanted the certainty of collection and transfer to my accommodation after my flight from Lima. Collected luggage from the baggage carousel - Cusco airport is not that large and the meet/greet area for transportation is outside the arrivals hall - so this is where you need to find your driver. Couldn't immediately locate my name on a sign but eventually found it (driver was a little bit hidden) but once found was escorted to a new minivan. Warm welcome to a tired traveller with driver and his sister providing wonderful commentary along the way to the Hilton Garden Inn Cusco. Clean, new minivan and English spoken. They had my details so knew where to go. Once I had tested this service, I used them again – to transfer me to Poroy Station for connection with the Hiram Bingham train to Macchu Picchu – and also for the return transfer from the Hilton Garden Inn to the airport for my departure flight. On the day of my transfer from the Hilton to Poroy Station, the driver rang my room and said if I was ready then we could go earlier owing to roadworks. Local knowledge is a good thing and we made it through the roadworks with a minimum of fuss – and in time for me to relax and to walk around the station and to watch the ‘early’ train depart. Watched a family dash into Poroy and literally just catch the early train – obviously got caught up in roadworks – they very very nearly missed their train! The shuttle’s head office is in the US and I couldn’t get the online web portal to register one of the bookings so sent an email through the ‘Contact Us’ form which was promptly and professionally responded to (reservation confirmation attached to an email) – and sorted out. There are a few shuttle services in and around Cusco so make sure you find the one with cuscoshuttle in the URL. Payment is through PayPal so easier if you set up an account. I couldn’t fault the service and would certainly use them again.

Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Thank you for testing us first, it allows us to show what we are capable of ! I like the way you described your journey in Cusco and with us, highlighting the point that we are 24/7 connected to our social media, mails and phones; so we are able to respond quicker than any other local company. Just let me say thank you to your words, they cheer us and push us to reach higher standards !