“GOOD EXPERIENCE huh!”

Ranked #233 of 437 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Lima, Peru
“GOOD EXPERIENCE huh!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

i was in pirwa bed and b&b only can to rescue good thing about this hostel is the location - right in the Plaza des Armas but my next time in cusco I will avoid this place, the price is cheap but you will hear disco music until about 4am every night, i couldnt sleep well my 3 nights there, then the water no is hot, almost cold. The receptionist who works at night is so rude, i reserved my room two week ago before my arrive to cusco and he didnt want to get me a room! i need to insist many times for my room!
actually i dont advice you this hostel

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Louuu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 10, 2009

we stayed at this hostel for 3 nights and had a great stay. the staff were friendly and helpful, it was super clean, and the location was awesome.

yes, the room was small, and the walls were very thin... but for the price we paid, and the location, we would happily stay here again. we also loved the restuarant that was sort of attached to this hostel :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2009

The only good thing about this place is the location - right in the Plaza des Armas, however, there are plenty of other places around. I would avoid this place. Walls are paper thin, so it's loud, and as another review mentioned, you hear bad disco music until about 4am every night, as well as every conversation going on in the hostel. It's cold, the water takes forever to heat up and never actually gets hot, just warmish. There is one computer for internet and it wasn't working half the time we were there. The receptionist who works at night is rude and did try to charge us extra for the room (a point that is also mentioned in another review). Breakfast is basically a piece of bread and tea or coffee.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Cusco hotels

kc
Reviewed May 21, 2009

At first the place seemed decent. Don't be fooled. The location is right on Plaza de Armas, but also shares building space with a discoteque that plays music non stop, and the place is loud in general with paper thin walls and creaky floors. The water hardly works either, pressure is horrible and heat was a joke. They also changed the price on me when I went to check out. I reserved online at $20 for a single, they tried charging $26 on checkout, at first trying to convince me that was always the price, then it was the exchange rate changed, blah blah blah. Problem was I was strapped for time and couldn't argue forever, plus the guy wouldn't let me have the "free" breakfast until I paid, so I ended up settling around $24 but vowed not to return for my second night's stay, and I didn't. Found a decent place up the street for half the price. Just for kicks I checked the price via phone and internet again, and they still quote $20. Don't believe it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Queens Village, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Very nice hostal, centrally located in the main Plaza de Armas in Cuzco!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family