Horse riding in cusco Gabriel's Ranch

from $65.00
More Info
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews moon temple experienced riders horse ride great guide eucalyptus forest experience level riding experience enjoyable morning snack break peruvian paso horses mountains surrounding nice ride highly recommend this experience four hours beautiful trip inca ruin well taken care
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Gabrielle’s ranch was phenomenal! I went alone and ended up on a solo tour with Gabrielle. He turned me into a cowgirl after 3 hours and provided confidence in managing my horse (because I was quite nervous and he could tell). He provided oodles of reassurance and told me some great tips to feel settled and in control on the saddle.

It was a beautiful experience and my horse was beautiful in temperament and health. Most importantly helmets were provided. I did this in May 2017 (it would not let me select this in the date range) these photos are of Gabrielle and me! The horse trail takes u to the top of a hill over looking Cusco. I was fortunate enough to hear Peruvian pipes being played softly in the air as I sat on the hill looking at the view for our 10minute break.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank fantabulous100
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I had a great time . Picked up at hotel Gabriels horses are very well trained . His knowledge of horses and local Inca history made the trip worth while . He assessed you need and made me feel comfortable on his beautiful Peruvian horses . Their gate in a trot was amazingly smooth . The scenery the snack and this interesting guide made for s wonderful trip .

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Margot L
Reviewed April 25, 2018

I had a blast riding horses with Gabriel around the countryside of Cusco. Gabriel's Ranch is a local, family owned business. We went to the Temple of the Moon and he shared with us information about the area and history of the temple. The views were incredible, the horses were so friendly, and Gabriel was awesome. He picked me up at my hotel in the afternoon, and dropped us all back off when we were done. He had even packed snacks for us so we could have a little picnic overlooking the beautiful scenery. It was truly an awesome experience. I highly recommend using Gabriel's Ranch if you choose to go horseback riding in Cusco!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank nicoledee39
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

This was the highlight of my trip to cusco. I've had horses for 20 years and a little hesitant to go on tourist horse trail riding. This is the best trail ride in the world. Gabriel is more than just an excellent tour guide, excellent English, such a wonderful ranch owner. For Gabriel this is not a job it is a joy and that really shows. He personally picked my partner and I up from our hotel, gave us a truly special and unique experience to ride real Peruvian horses and showed us Inca ruins that not many tourists get to see. If you're in cusco this is the best thing you can do.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank M1566YSemilyr
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Gabriel is one of the kindest people I met in Peru, he is so knowable and so patient with my questions! Also, he speaks 4 languages! The horses are taken good cared by him, they only go on tour once a day, and rotate with other horses. This afternoon session is only me, Gabriel really takes the time showed me around! Coming from Inner Mongolia, this experience really makes me feel like going back home! Highly recommend.

Date of experience: January 2018