Horse riding in cusco Gabriel's Ranch

from $65.00
More Info
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews moon temple experienced riders horse ride great guide eucalyptus forest experience level riding experience enjoyable morning snack break longer ride peruvian paso horses mountains surrounding nice ride highly recommend this experience four hours beautiful trip inca ruin
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2017

I am a tour leader and often take my groups to ride with Gabriel. Everyone is always happy with the experience just as you can see in these reviews. Beautiful sights and gentle horses, Gabriel has a super cool vibe too, a true cowboy from the Andes!
Even the people who ride for the first time feel condifent enough with Gabriel's horses to really enjoy.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

I have to say, I'm most impressed with this tour I just had. Then again, I'm a little biased because I absolutely love riding horses! The guide was fantastic and I was so impressed with the horses and how well they were trained and kept. I was also given a helmet which I know in some tours, helmets are not provided. There were also options for different levels of riders so overall, I felt the safety factor was well considered.

I always find some horse riding to do when I'm traveling and it saddens me when I see horses malnourished with their ribs showing. These horses were so healthy looking and they seemed so happy!! The guide expressed his love for his horses and it made my experience that much better. Also, I told him that I was an experienced rider and asked if there was any way I could canter. Sure enough, we cantered several times and to top it off...it was cantering in beautiful fields surrounded by majestic mountains and incredible scenery. I certainly recommend this tour if you enjoy horse riding and beautiful scenery. Plus, you'll get excellent service!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Went one Sunday morning for the 2 1/2 hour ride. They picked me up, then another couple, and we were off to the ranch. It was just me and a well-traveled Spanish couple led by our guide. We would ride for a while, dismount and tour some sites, all thoroughly explained in English for me and Spanish for the others, and then continue on. Horses were chosen for us based on our experience, which was minimal all around. The horses were gentle and easy to ride. They knew the path of the tour so we were pretty much just along for the ride. There were a couple opportunities to break loose and get up to a gallop, of which I took advantage. All in all, a great experience. I would certainly go again!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

A wonderful ride with incredible views. Felt very safe. Gabriel was a great guide and incredibly knowledgeable.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on an afternoon ride with Gabriel and it ended up just being the three of us. The landscape was truly amazing and we loved the escape from the bustle of Cusco. Gabriel taught us about the moon temple on the way and let us eat a snack with a great view of Cusco from above. We also had zero horseback riding experience, which wasn't a problem! The horses were very sweet. We would definitely recommend this!

Date of experience: July 2017