“A tranquil and delightful experience”

Horse riding in cusco Gabriel's Ranch
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
HORSEBACK RIDING CHACAN CHACAN MOUNTAIN AND...
Ranked #105 of 673 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Be part of a adventure while riding through beautiful landscapes, we provide security and lots of fun, departure times are: 9:00 am and 1:00 pm the ride is 3 to 4 hours. tour price is $ 50.00 dollars for person (mystical tour) or $65.00 dollars for person (classic tour) ( not included ticket) includes :English guides, helmets, transport and snack
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This activity was so peaceful and lovely for us. We booked as a group of 5 and got a very personalised tour of Cusco mountains and the Moon Temple. Gabriel is so warm and lovely and shows such pride when speaking of the history of Cusco and his family.
He picked us up from our lodge and also dropped us off again, and was more than accommodating with other requests. We had two experienced riders in the group so he also let them canter and have a bit of a run around when we were up in the mountains.
Wish I could do this again and see other sites via horse!! I'm an absolute beginner but always felt safe.

All reviews
"skill level"
"lovely horses"
"different levels"
in 2 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"g adventures"
"hour ride"
"a lot of fun"
"other companies"

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I am a tour leader and often take my groups to ride with Gabriel. Everyone is always happy with the experience just as you can see in these reviews. Beautiful sights and gentle horses, Gabriel has a super cool vibe too, a true cowboy from the Andes!
Even the people who ride for the first time feel condifent enough with Gabriel's horses to really enjoy.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

I have to say, I'm most impressed with this tour I just had. Then again, I'm a little biased because I absolutely love riding horses! The guide was fantastic and I was so impressed with the horses and how well they were trained and kept. I was also given a helmet which I know in some tours, helmets are not provided. There were also options for different levels of riders so overall, I felt the safety factor was well considered.

I always find some horse riding to do when I'm traveling and it saddens me when I see horses malnourished with their ribs showing. These horses were so healthy looking and they seemed so happy!! The guide expressed his love for his horses and it made my experience that much better. Also, I told him that I was an experienced rider and asked if there was any way I could canter. Sure enough, we cantered several times and to top it off...it was cantering in beautiful fields surrounded by majestic mountains and incredible scenery. I certainly recommend this tour if you enjoy horse riding and beautiful scenery. Plus, you'll get excellent service!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Went one Sunday morning for the 2 1/2 hour ride. They picked me up, then another couple, and we were off to the ranch. It was just me and a well-traveled Spanish couple led by our guide. We would ride for a while, dismount and tour some sites, all thoroughly explained in English for me and Spanish for the others, and then continue on. Horses were chosen for us based on our experience, which was minimal all around. The horses were gentle and easy to ride. They knew the path of the tour so we were pretty much just along for the ride. There were a couple opportunities to break loose and get up to a gallop, of which I took advantage. All in all, a great experience. I would certainly go again!