Open today: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing experience beyond expectations

This was the best way to do Machu Picchu and Rainbow mountain. Jamil and Juan were with us every... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Joanna B
Los Angeles, California
Short Inca/Machu Picchu/Rainbow Mtn Trek

Amazing trip! Trek was well-coordinated & communicated to our group. Guides were extraordinarily... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bellablue82

All reviews wild rover inka jungle zip lining mountain biking rock climbing machu picchu day trip amazing experience water rafting organised tour fun trip amazing food spoke great english tents and sleeping bags maras moray nice trip amazing tour
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

We booked this through the wild rover. The person at the desk gave us absolutely no information and was very disinterested in his job. We left at around 3.30am from the hostel, got to the train all was good. Then when we got to the town there was no one waiting for us, so we went to the entrance of Machu Picchu. There we waited 2 and a half hours! And on the map we were given it said this was the meeting point. We soon discovered this was not the case. We were also told to expect "Peter" but we had a guide from the Loki hostel. He was really nice but probably not the best tour guide. We were booked on to the last train, we had no idea that we could leave earlier so we were stuck in the town for another 5 hours after the tour. It's such a shame because Machu Picchu was great but unfortunately a combination of bad service and waiting around left a sour taste in our mouths.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Southern Peru Explorers was a real class act - from the amazing food to the genuine/friendly service I really can't recommend this enough.

Me: I have done a lot of backpacking trips before, but going with this group was my first guided/supported trek. However, many in my group had never really even hiked before much less backpacked for multiple days.

Review:

Guides: Knowledgeable, friendly, fun, and spoke excellent English

Route/Gear/Logistics: Nothing to complain about what-so-ever. Really liked the care they put into thinking out every detail. Trip went really smooth because of their careful planning when to get to each stop along the way.

Food: OUT OF THIS WORLD. I honestly had better meals on the trail than I did anywhere else in Peru.

Romance: They did something right...three different couple on the trip got engaged!!! Including me!

1  Thank dpederso
Reviewed April 16, 2016

This was by far the best experience I have ever had - all thanks to Southern Peru Explorers! We had the best guides, best food, best hospitality, etc. I was afraid that I couldn't do the trail, but the guides were very accommodating - I never felt that I was going too slow or was being held up by others. All the guides were knowledgeable, friendly, funny, and fun to be around! Also, the food and service were incredible - who would have thought?! I highly recommend this group to anyone hiking the Inca Trail!!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 13, 2016

We completed the 4-day inca trail a couple of weeks ago, and this is what I take away:

1. Much more challenging that I had anticipated, but completely doable and definitely recommendable, overall an amazing experience!

2. I was impressed by the organization of Southern Peru Explorers, would definitely recommend to book your trip with this company:
- Outstanding guides
- We were 60 and had a group of 100 porters
- Top quality of equipment (eg, the camping tents and sleeping bags were so good that it almost didn't feel like camping!) and the best camping sites all for ourselves
- Amazing food (top chefs prepared 3-course meals served in very well set up dining tents)
- Overall one of the best services I've EVER seen!

Date of experience: March 2016
Joel C, Propietario at Southern Peru Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Hi Gabriela.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us and It was nice to meet you for us and all your friends from HBS. We tried to give you all the best of our services and show our Inca Culture and we had unforgettable time with you guys during the 8 days tour including: Cusco, Sacred Valley and the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.

Best Regards.

Joel

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Southern Peru Explorers helped us organize a 8 day trip to Peru including a 4D3N trip to Machu Picchu. They are not just an agency as another reviewer suggested. The owner of the company hiked with us the whole time!

The trek was incredibly well managed, great food, all organized really well. Every one of the guides was excellent and they were also just generally good people. We enjoyed ourselves having a drink in the dinner tent with them and joking around after lots of hiking.

I highly recommend the team here, once in a life time experience.

Date of experience: March 2016
Joel C, Gerente at Southern Peru Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and. It was very nice to meet you all and we had unforgettable time during the 8 days tour, Cusco, Sacred Valley and the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. We are always waiting for you and your friends hope you guys are coming back soon.

Best Regards.