“Two-week Tour in Peru”
Review of River Explorers

River Explorers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: River Explorers is a premiere provider of small group tours to all Peru destinations. We operate our own package tours including cultural, rafting, biking, trekking and multi-sport trips. We are a local, Peruvian owned company and have operated since 2001, offering unique and exclusive tours to the Amazon Jungle, Lake Titicaca, Nazca Lines the Apurimac grand canyon and Machu Picchu.
Reviewed April 26, 2015

River Explorers is your excellent partner for visiting Peru.

The agency handled the pick up, transfer, sightseeing, accommodation and even air tickets. You don't need to know spanish at all, just relax and enjoy the whole trip in Peru. Their arrangements are extremely thoughtful and are somehow more special or prestigious then other agencies. We felt like VIP all the time and everywhere in Peru.

The cost is extremely reasonable. I think it is more or less the same as you made all those arrangements on your own. They are very flexibility and efficient too. In our case, our itinerary in the last week is not confirmed. But they managed to make all the arrangements of the week with only one day notice.

Boris, Erika and the guides of each city are all very helpful and professional. To sum up, River Explorers is not only an agency for rafting in Cusco, he is fantastic expert for tours in Peru.

1  Thank Nelson I
"small cliff"
"incredible meal"
"sacred valley"
in 12 reviews
"felt safe the entire time"
"change of clothes"
"a lot of fun"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this to anyone"
"fun experience"

Reviewed March 11, 2015

This rafting trip was my first time rafting and it was a blast! The guides were professional, friendly, and safe. We were outfitted in wetsuits and life vests, given good instruction, and had a great time navigating the rapids. At the end of the trip there was a nice tent set up on the river side and they had prepared a really nice chicken and past lunch forever one. Definitely a day to remember!

Reviewed October 7, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from our honeymoon in Peru! We had an amazing experience using River Explorers. They handled all the logistics for us, and provided a wonderful guide. We highly recommend using this company if you want to book a trip. They were very responsive and great to work with!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2014

After doing Machu Picchu, my buddy and I were looking for one last adventure at the end of our trip in Peru, so we booked an Urubamba rafting trip through River Explorers.

The night before our trip Ruben and a woman from River Exploreres met us at our hotel lobby to discuss logistics. At 8AM our driver Walter picked us up outside our hotel, and we met our guide Tomas and Ruben. A couple hours of driving, some good tunes blasting, and we made it to the river, where we suited up.

The rafting itself was a blast, class 2 and 3 rapids, definitely nothing that a beginner rafter couldn't handle. The scenery was gorgeous, but the best part of the trip was the lunch afterwards - we had some great sandwiches with palta and turkey, a great top off to an awesome day. A couple hours later and we were back at our hostel.

Definitely a recommended trip for anyone in Cusco looking for a few hours of adventure!

1  Thank Ryan S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2014

In June 2014 I travelled with River Explorers around Peru to some amazing places, among others Lima, Nazca, Ica, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Puno, Cusco, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the Amazonian rainforest. I really had the time of my life! Peru is such a beautiful country. And thanks to River Explorers the journey went really smooth, even when we in Paracas couldn’t sail out to the Ballestas Islands because of strong wind they quickly arranged us a car to spend the morning in the nearby national park instead. All our guides did a great job and I learned a lot about the different places we went. I was also very happy with the hotels we stayed at, especially La Casa de mi Abuela in Arequipa and the beautiful hot springs hotel in Colca Canyon. River Explorers handled everything very professionally and I felt very well taken care of so I can only fully recommend this company to anyone who wishes to travel to Peru.