“Truly worth the visit!”

Restaurant Sumaqcha
Ranked #52 of 926 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant in the heart of Cusco, located one block from the Plaza de Armas. Recently opened in 2014. Local, home-cooked cuisine, with quality ingredients sourced from local producers.
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Also another restaurant that a friend from home recommended that I get a reservation before going. Again, my local contact called for a dinner reservation at 8pm, which was not necessary because there was plenty of room. Came here on June 29, 2018 and really enjoyed the food at this family runned restaurant.

My friend was not feeling well from the soroche and we had a very light dinner with the chicken soup which was very good and light. In addition, we shared the quinoa risotto which we really enjoyed.

The owner was incredibly nice and attentive and understanding. We wanted to get back to the hotel fast because my friend was not feeling well. He came out with the food in less than 10 minutes after we ordered. Awesome service!

My friend and I really appreciated how after we walked out of the restaurant, the owner’s young daughter ran outside to catch up to us to give us two parting mint candies and thanked us for coming to their restaurant. Such a sweet touch!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

The wife and I decided to grab a bite here as we were walking around cusco.

Needless to say the food and service here was fantastic.

We tried the quinoa rissoto, grilled chicken and chicha morada for the first time. Every dish was great and wished we had another opportunity to go there before left cusco.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018

What an awesome find! Just off of the Plaza de Armas, Restaurant Sumaqcha is not to be missed. My husband and I enjoyed lunch so much that we returned for a pisco sour in the evening--best one of the trip. All of our food was delicious. The tamales were amazing, and even more so because they were served with a delicious, spicy relish. The ceviche was also amazing. The owner was so nice and really contributed to the whole experience. It was also delightful to see the family, including his children helping out. Prices were very reasonable, food delicious, and the decor was colorful and helped to create a great vibe. I'm only sorry this is our last day in Cusco, or I am sure we would go back!

Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Authentic and family ran. We had the tamales, plantains, and ceviche! Tamales are actually hard to find even though very much a local tradition in Peru. Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

We came looking for Peruvian food in a pleasant environment, and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed some trout, and the stuffed peppers were awesome.

We were then introduced to the whole family, we will be delighted to return again soon!