“The best sandwich I've ever had in my entire life. No lie. Amazing people and atmosphere”

Morena Peruvian Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 789 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Pizza, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Morena Peruvian Kitchen is a unique restaurant nestled in the heart of beautiful Cusco. The restaurant puts a fun, modern twist on traditional Peruvian cuisine taking you on a culinary adventure through the flavors of the coast, Andes and Amazon. Open for all-day dining, Morena offers a warm and inviting place where anyone can experience a piece of true Peruvian cuisine and hospitality.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As soon as I walked into Cafe Morena I knew I found a gem. Luke and Lisette (the owner) greeted us with big smiles - the food, the atmosphere, the hosts' personalities - all equally amazing.

I spent hours hanging out there - ordering coffees, deserts, fruit shakes, teas, you name it. Their menu is simple (which I like) and every item on the there is made with care and great attention to detail.

The place is classy, yet relaxed, and every bit of food is well worth the money.

The beef stirfry sandwich (Cosquenita?) is my favorite - ate it at least 3 times during my stay in Cusco.

Highly recommended!

Luke028, Owner at Morena Peruvian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review is on trip advisor . We are so happy you enjoyed your experiences with us and wish you safe travels and was a pleasure to meet you
Kind regards
The morena team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,867)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have been here twice in two days, and find both the food and drinks to be amazing! Would highly recommend the hot chocolate, which seems to have an endless number of marshmallows in it, the pineapple, mango and coconut juice, and the tasty pork sandwich! Luke and Lissete provide you with such a lovely welcome in such a lovely atmosphere, they have customers returning multiple times.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have now been to Café Morena more than four times in the past three days. At Café Morena they serve great food with international as well as local flavours for an affordable price. We will especially recommend their Quinoa salad and delicious sandwiches, who are big enough for lunch as well as diner - but try to keep some of your apetite, so that you can try their cakes. The service is the best we have experienced in Peru so far, and they make you feel at home in their cosy and trends café.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Firstly quinoa salad is a must.. Followed by the pumpkin soup and multiple delicious dessert options. All the staff go above and beyond to ensure you enjoy your stay. Great work guys and all the best.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place several times when in Cusco. The pumpkin soup and sandwiches were excellent, as was the peach and mint ice-tea! Yum!
The owners, Luke and Lissete, are very friendly and welcoming. They gave us several useful tips and bits of advice for Cusco. I highly recommend this place.