“Good hotel, in good location of Cusco”

Hotel Taypikala Cusco
Ranked #27 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet location in walking distance to the center of town. It is a well equipped facility, rooms were large and clean as was the bathroom. It is not a modern facility but had everything one needed.

The restaurant is located downstairs. Breakfast buffet had several new items from the local area in addition to the regular breakfast items. One item was interesting. They had peeled the prickly pear fruit and sliced it and served along side the Kiwi fruit. It was sweet, juicy with lots of seeds. Our group final dinner was very good, with new items, and service was very good.

Wifi is available but iffy depending on you location in the hotel. We had to go out and stand in the hall to get a signal. Not a problem, as everything was downloaded and we could take it back to the room to read.

Coca tea was available 24/7 to help with altitude sickness if needed. Also oxygen is available.

English is a little difficult in the lobby personnel. We had a sewer blockage, and when I spoke with the security guard, he called the manager. I explained the problem to the manager and he told the security guard what I said. Next thing I know, they brought us 2 rolls of toilet paper! I had him come to the room and I pointed out the problem, he smiled and said "OH". He was back promptly and took care of the problem.

Traveling in a foreigh country is fun, challenging and rewarding.

Recommend staying here if is Cusco.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Rooms were lovely, hotel is in good location can walk to markets and town square. Staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and the restaurant was lovely. Jose the waiter and barman was
excellent he did everything made the drinks tooks the food orders and delivered.

Room Tip: We had a twin share and this was very comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great location. Good rooms with good quality linen. Breakfast has good variety. Staff friendly and helpful. The complimentary coco tea in the foyer gives a nice touch.
But ... The hotel caters for huge groups that can clutter up the dining room, especially at night. The television in the dining room is also extremely annoying. Coming from the rainforest and transport that broke down in the mud, we soiled a small towel ... The hotel insisted that we pay for a replacement towel. I find this unreasonable given the situation where guests come from muddy trails and hikes.

Room Tip: Some of our group complained about small and noisy rooms. Check out the room first. Insist on a quie...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Best hotel of my trip, on arrival we were greeted very nicely, clean rooms, great hot water 24 hours, the fabulous breakfast, a large flat sour.
I recommend this hotel for service, cleanliness and generosity of its workers

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent location. Very good, supportive service from the staff, who were always attentive and ready to help by making a phone call or giving information. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, but not too expensive hotel close to all the main tourist sites if Cusco.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Besides that the water is cold, bed sheet smells, internet is super spoty and the front desk asked me for 2 dollars for a 4 minute local call. The front desk called me twice when I had afriend in the room from 11pm to 1130 even I told them that the person is not sleeping over. They then told me it is the hotel policy that guest cannot have late night visitors in late hours. They even put my travel agent on the phone because the trvel agent supposed to know about this policy. I was never notified nor did I have heard any hotel with that policy around the world. What I do in my spare time and personal space is none of their business. Let alone my friends were not making any loud noise or anything inconsiderate. Neither did they plan to sleep over in this place anyways.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was such a welcoming, warm place! Made me feel right at home. The decor was beautiful without being pretentious with walls decorated with authentic antique Inca weavings and artifacts. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. It was an easy walk to just about everywhere and the coca tea and leaves in the lobby helped my altitude sickness immensely.

Whenever I return to Cusco that's where I will stay without doubt!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends