“Above and beyond”

Hiram Bingham Luxury Train to Machu Picchu
Ranked #9 of 832 Tours in Cusco
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: El Belmond Hiram Bingham es un lujoso y exclusivo tren unico en el Peru que cuenta con un servicio todo incluido en el que vivira un dia completo de experiencias inolvidables en su visita a Machu Picchu. - Elegido "Mejor Tren del Mundo" por los lectores de Conde Nast Traveller UK (2011). - Mencionado entre los 7 mejores trenes del mundo (Revista Conde Nast Traveller 2010). - El Belmond Hiram Bingham se encuentra entre las 10 rutas mas maravillosas del mundo (NBC).
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although I was not feeling well, I had ice in a drink at my hotel bar and was truly sick most of the trip. EVERYONE went well above the service I expected. From the moment I arrive when Javier personally greeted me. I can't tell you enough under the circumstance I had a great time even if I couldn't enjoy the amazing things food wise that you offer!

I have already told all my friends they must take the Hiram.. The staff, service, organization was truly something I will forever remember.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jeremy C
PeruRail, Community Manager at Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Jeremy C,
We would like to special thank you for your comments and for sharing them with the Trip Advisor community and us. We are glad to know that, even though you did not feel well; you had a memorable experience aboard the Hiram Bingham train. We appreciate your recommendations and we hope to see you again for another adventure along the Peruvian Andes.

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Travel in excellence”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Hiram Bingham trip to Machu Picchu exceeded all my expectations. A pleasant bus ride to the station and we were received with music, tea, coffee and cakes till we boarded. Well appointed staff and a fabulous train. The atmosphere on board was jovial and the beverages and meals supplied endless and of top quality. The scenic route via rail is magnificent. On arrival expecting to wander aimlessly around Machu Picchu with my partner, we were surprised to be provided into a small group of 4 couples with our own guide who showed us around the site and was a wealth of information and a lot of fun. Do the Hiram Bingham it's a must! Purchasing tickets online was easy and the correspondence with the staff of Peru Rail made this trip a memorable one for us

Visited June 2013
Dear Mr. Riff S,
We are glad to hear that your experience aboard the Hiram Bingham train was positive and enjoyable. We would like to thank you for your preference for our services and for taking the time to share your feedback with our community. We hope to see you soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fabulous Journey”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have ridden the train 4 times and every time is wonderful. Beautiful scenery, good snacks, friendly people.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kendra H
PeruRail, Community Manager at Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Mrs. Kendra H,
We would like to special thank you for your continued preference for our services and for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community. We hope to see you soon for another exciting and enjoyable adventure with PeruRail.
Saugatuck. MI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Its the Journey !”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hiram Bingham Train is a luxury train on the route to Machu Picchu , a great train, but its the scenic journey that is the main attraction. Three different classes of train making the trip and you do not need to pay the premium price of the Hiram Bingham to have a great and comfortable trip. You pass small farms, tiny hamlets and follow a route only a few yards from a raging mountain river, all the time through a high walled canyon. A trip to remember.

Visited March 2013
PeruRail, Community Manager at Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. tideover,
We would like to thank you for traveling with us aboard the Hiram Bingham train and also for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community and us. We hope to see you soon aboard our trains.
Santiago, Chile
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Unforgetable”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

For our 20th wedding anniversary we decided to spend our week at Cusco, and my wife had a special gift for me, which was a trip to Machu Picchu on board of this great Hiram Bingham train, I had to tell it has been one of the best trips ever, very romantic and pleasant, all of the crew was fantastic, among the cars and obviously the trip itself, the landscapes are breathtaking! The crew had prepared our table with rose petals and champagne to celebrate our day. The panoramic car had a folkloric band on board playing beautiful music while we could enjoy an open bar, offering from hot beverages, snacks and all sort of spirits. After a while we had a 5 star restaurant lunch, amazing combinations of flavors. The service was amazing. Once we got to the final destination at Aguas Calientes we took a bus to Machu Picchu, which was a total complete experience (will write about it later), after the visit they were waiting for us with a buffet to wait for the bus to return to the train. The trip back to Cusco was even better, we enjoyed a romantic dinner at our table and then celebrated with the rest of the people enjoying live music on the panoramic car, everyone singing and playing an instrument, was amazing! If anyone who is looking for a special place to celebrate a great occasion like this I will completely recommend this experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank marcog612
Dear Mr. marcog612,

First of all, congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary! It is an honor for us that you have chosen to celebrate this special occasion aboard the Hiram Bingham train and we are glad to hear that you had an unforgettable journey. We would like to thank you for your preference with PeruRail and also for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community. We hope to see you back aboard our trains.