“My awesome Hiram Bingham Trip.”

PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham
Hiram Bingham Luxury Train to Machu Picchu
Ranked #12 of 930 Tours in Cusco
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: El Belmond Hiram Bingham es un lujoso y exclusivo tren unico en el Peru que cuenta con un servicio todo incluido en el que vivira un dia completo de experiencias inolvidables en su visita a Machu Picchu. - Elegido "Mejor Tren del Mundo" por los lectores de Conde Nast Traveller UK (2011). - Mencionado entre los 7 mejores trenes del mundo (Revista Conde Nast Traveller 2010). - El Belmond Hiram Bingham se encuentra entre las 10 rutas mas maravillosas del mundo (NBC).
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have to tell you that two of your employees that I came into direct contact with were excellent.

Franco our server on our trip Ollantaytambo-Macchu Picchu-Ollanyatambo August 16, 2013 was very attentive and extremely helpful as I have a special diet. Franco took great care to ensure that my diet was adhered to. I am so grateful for this. To me it meant that the Orient Express hires the best of the best.

Jesus our tour guide was SUPER! He was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, fun, interesting, patient and kind. I over heard other guides and they could not even come close to his level of expertise. Macchu Picchu is beyond words but Jesus brought it to life for me. He is a great asset to your company. Arthur Grace

2  Thank Arthur G
PeruRail, Community Manager at PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Arthur G,
We are absolutely glad to know that you had an unforgettable experience traveling aboard the Hiram Bingham train and that you enjoyed our services. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing PeruRail as your travel option on this occasion. We hope we can have you back soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We rode from Ollantaytambo to Agua Caliente. How can you not love this train ride? The cars are comfortable and clean. The views are beyond description. We could have done without the fashion show on the return trip, but it was at least entertaining.

PeruRail, Community Manager at PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs. 206dvr,
It is a pleasure to receive your comments and we are glad to know that you enjoyed the journey aboard the Hiram Bingham train to its fullest. We are always working to provide all our passengers with the best possible service to make this experience unforgettable for them and that they can leave with a very nice memory of our country. We would like to thank you for your preference with PeruRail on this occasion and we hope we can have you back for another wonderful adventure with us.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I chose to take this trip on my birthday and surprised my mother and husband. It was exciting to see how excited they both were. The staff were wonderfully attentive on August 15th on the ride to Macchu Pitcchu. They got the singers to perform some songs i love everyone sang happy birthday and qi was given a beautiful leatherbound jounal as a bithday giftfrom the company. This was a complete surprise for me and such an appropriate gift as I am a writer.
The tour with Veronica was wonderful. We all missed the tea time as my mther rested in theroom and my husband and i stayed on at the citadel until closing.
We spent a night in Sanctuary Lodge and the following night in Aguas Calientes returning on the Hiram Bingham train to Cusco.
The return trip was no where near as good as the first. Perhaps the staff were more busy. I drank all four glasses of water at my table andhad to demand from a waiter that i begiven more. I was feeling as though I might feint, so was actually panicking when the water wasnot brought in a reasonable amount of time.
Wenever met the maitre'd on the returntripwhereas on the way down the maitre'd introduced himself to each guest. It made me wish we had done our roundtrip in one day.
As we returned twodays later,it would have suited us better to leave in the day. We had to be out of our hotel by 10 a.m. but the train doesn't leave until the evening. We became over tired and had to sleep but of course could not stretch out. I think if you don't doit all in one day, pyou might as well take a less expensive train for your return. Of course travelling by day affords you beautiful views you can't get at night.

Dear Mrs. Summer88,
We would like to thank you for your comments and recommendations, and also for your time to share your travel experience in the Hiram Bingham train with the Trip Advisor community. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday and a fantastic journey. It is pleasure for us that you chose to celebrate your birthday travelling with PeruRail. We hope we can have you back visiting Cusco and enjoying another adventure aboard our trains.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

very comfortable , pricy but worthy , very informative unbelievable sceneries ..food was good enough..

Dear Mr. SammyOmar,
It is a pleasure to receive your comments and we are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant and enjoyable journey aboard the Hiram Bingham train. We would like to thank you for your preference and for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. We hope we can have you back for another wonderful adventure with us.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you're looking to go to Machu Picchu in style this is the way to go. The staff are very friendly and really add to the atmosphere of the trip. We were well fed on the way there and on the way back and the music kept us entertained most of the way as well. Talk to Javier the train manager, he knows the definition of customer service and how to show people a good time.

PeruRail, Community Manager at PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Brian R,
We are glad to know that you really enjoyed the journey and that you had a great time. Thank you so much for your time to share your experience and comments with the Trip Advisor community, and also for choosing PeruRail as your travel option in this opportunity. We hope we can have you back for another adventure with us.