“best train ride to Machu Picchu”

PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham
Hiram Bingham Luxury Train to Machu Picchu
Ranked #12 of 911 Tours in Cusco
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: El Belmond Hiram Bingham es un lujoso y exclusivo tren unico en el Peru que cuenta con un servicio todo incluido en el que vivira un dia completo de experiencias inolvidables en su visita a Machu Picchu. - Elegido "Mejor Tren del Mundo" por los lectores de Conde Nast Traveller UK (2011). - Mencionado entre los 7 mejores trenes del mundo (Revista Conde Nast Traveller 2010). - El Belmond Hiram Bingham se encuentra entre las 10 rutas mas maravillosas del mundo (NBC).
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Working as a tour leader, I run trips for luxury groups, so we take the best train ride to Machu Picchu. The hiram bingham train experience is just memorable. Every single passenger enjoy not only the train ride itself but the delicious food, the excellent service and the great live show on board.

I always get the best comments about this service and I can tell myself; it is defenitely the best and most enjoyable and comfortable way to get to Machu Picchu.

PeruRail, Community Manager at PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Mrs. Aracelli A,

It is a very great pleasure for us to receive your comments and we are very happy to know that you had a wonderful time aboard the Hiram Bingham train. Our goal is always to provide an excellent service to all our passengers so they can have the trip of their lifetime. All our services are thought to provide the comfort and fun that every single passenger deserves A special journey like this one. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community and for your kind words for us. We hope we can have you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for PeruRail - Belmond Hiram Bingham

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The train runs on time and they provide good service. It was very relaxing after all the running around on the ruin all day. Would be great to have service to Cusco. I know I would prefer to over the crazy bus drivers and cabbies.

1  Thank Frenchs35

Dear Mr. Frenchs35,

Thank you very much for your comments and recommendations, they help us a lot to improve our services . We are glad you had a great time aboard the Hiram Bingham train and that you had a pleasant journey. Once again, we want to thank you for choosing PeruRail as your travel option in this opportunity and we really hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I LOVED the personal and general narration of the field we were seeing, the statistics of Peruvian agriculture, identifying the crops we were passing -- I can now recognize quinoa, and artichokes. The menu is reflective of the culture in such a hospitable way. They understand enhancing our excitement of actually getting to Machu Picchu. After the site, the meal, and entertainment are perfect -- not so worried about dehydrating or getting sore feet -- and, if one would rather stay quiet (me) it's easy to go back to your spot. I appreciate the TACTFUL way staff is attentive to high-altitude sickness. If one is coming this far from the US, and you're not a college kid hiking the Inka trail, this is the way to go.

Dear Mrs. Valerie S,

It is a pleasure for us to receive your positive feedback about the service we offer aboard the Hiram Bingham train and we want to thank you for taking the time to share them with the Trip Advisor community. We are glad to know that you had a wonderful time aboard our train and that you learned a lot from our culture. Once again, thank you choosing our services and we hope this will not be the last time we can have you aboard of our trains.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

dancing singing, eating and traveling what more could you ask for. The Pisco sours where wonderful, the meal was good and the service was great. What made our journey fun...the 3 musical entertainers. We sang and danced and since it was evening time there was no scenery to see....so how else do you make the time fly by....laugh, dance, and enjoy

Dear Mrs. Diane K,

We appreciate your comments and we want to thank you for taking the time to share them with our community. We are really happy to know that you had a lot of fun aboard the Hiram Bingham train and that all your travel needs and expectations were fulfilled with our service. Once again, thank you for your preference with PeruRail and we hope we can have you back again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I travelled on this train 2 days ago. Absolutely beautiful. I note that a recent reviewer took exception to the live band. For me, they made the trip. Excellent musicians and with a party from Cuba and Puerto Rico on board it turned into party time. The food was really good. The scenery is spectacular as the train makes its journey. Definitely a life time experience.

Because the champagne flows on the train you might want to organise your guide to see you the next day and not immediately you get off the train. I wish I had done that.

I am so glad that I booked to go on this train. I returned via Vistadome to Cusco and the difference was noticeable.

Dear Mr./ Mrs. 0n0n,

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful time aboard the Hiram Bingham train and that you enjoyed the trip with all the entertainment we offer on board. We want to thank you for your time to share your comments and recommendations with the Trip Advisor community and also for choosing PeruRail as your travel option in your visit to Cusco. We hope we can see you back again soon for another fantastic adventure with us and with all that Peru has to offer.