“Great Price - Average Room - OK Location”

Antares Mystic Hotel
Ranked #82 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Clean, spartan rooms. Friendly accommodating staff (they negotiated cab fare and let me store bags after checkout) . Just Ok beds with lots of blankets. Location is fine as long as you are ok walking 15 minutes or so to center. Which for me was a positive, so many things to see. Cabs are everywhere and always only 5 soles if you don't want to walk. I was waking up early (5 am) every morning but if you had to sleep in may be a problem. Street facing room across from market, loud with early deliveries and Cusco life in general. Back rooms probably much quieter.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Antares Mystic Hotel

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is next to the Estacion San Pedro and San Pedro market. Few minutes walk from the main square.

My room had one queen bed and two twin beds. It was overkill big to a simple couple.

Hotel has a PC for quests to check email.

Staff helped me to call a taxi from the street and negotiated price, it was helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good experience at the Antares Mystic Hotel... very helpful staff, clean rooms, staff always seem to be cleaning some area of the hotel during my stay, felt like family during my stay. Included breakfast and was across the street from an amazing local Peruvian market where you can witness local meat shop butchers at work, purchase Peruvian souvenirs, of have meals where the locals eat. Nice rooftop vantage point as well. Perfect price point for a jumping off point for Machu Picchu and made some nice friends with other guests in the common room areas. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This Hotel is located across from a main market in Cusco just outside of the main Plaza de Arms tourist district. The staff is WONDERFUL, hardworking and helpful. The hotel is clean and feels safe. Breakfast is fine with fresh orange juice and eggs daily. The price is good.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have good views and are quieter but a bit of a climb with luggage.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here during the week of 17th of May before and after my tour of the Inca Trail.
The hotel is clean and in decent shape. Had some internet issues that were quickly resolved. Was also very happy to get a decent breakfast included that wasn't just toast and coffee and counting it as breakfast. Breakfast included eggs, bread (love the rolls!), coca tea with fresh leaves and FRESH OJ. Very impressed. Coffee was also an option with breakfast but I passed.

The staff were very helpful in giving me directions around the city of Cusco.
I was very impressed to also get an airport pick up but most of all the hotel offered to help me get my deposit back after the inca trail company dropped the ball big time at the end in organizing deposit returns.

While I enjoyed my stay, the only negative part was that my wake up call was 30mins late. it happens, but while it was annoying, I did manage to set my own alarms as a back up.
To some the rooms may come across as cold at night, but once you're under the covers its fine. At least for me.

In short, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a good, decent stay, no frills hotel at a fair price in a good location. If you want something like a pool or other amenities, then there are more hotels which (obviously) cost more. But in this price point, this hotel is a winner.
And yes, wifi is included.

Room Tip: If you get cold easily, bring a toque. Ear plugs might be needed for light sleepers but while I feel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Iceblueshoes
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Was working in Lima and did a wham/bam trip to Machu Picchu and stayed in this place firstt night and last night. It's not a HOTEL. This place is old, cold and overpriced. Woman that runs the place sticks tight to no refund/cancellation policy. The staff is pleasant and helpful. breakfast is MINIMAL. The room I stayed in was extremely old and creeky. beds are not comfortable. ten minute wait for cold water in shower. The floor in my room was literally on a downhill slant from one side of he room to the other, like the building is trying to fall apart or something. And if you absolutely MUST stay here, for gods sake don't get a room on the street front (unless you hate sleep), because the noise at the huge market directly across the street begins b4 daylight. There absolutely MUST be a better place in Cusco.

Room Tip: Don't get a street front room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Yarly L, Manager at Antares Mystic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

1) Yes, we are a Hotel with all the BASIC services for the tourist (see the hotel web page). We are a 2 star HOTEL, qualified and verified by the Peruvian Government, with all the law permissions.
2) We are a property builded on 2000 year, and we run a yearly maintenance. Cusco is an historic therefore an old city and the most of hotels and properties within downtown area must just adecuate the ancient existing buildings according to law , because they are cultural patrimony, which not means the place is Deteriorated or useless.
3) Generally we have passengers that are grateful with our service (see other reviews) , we have No SHOW policies when the passengers want to cancel the booking OUT OF TIME. If the cancellation is made according the policy (72 hours before the Check In) we don´t charge or we refund 100 %. That´s why Policies are.
4) We have hot, really hot water the 24h/7d because Cusco is a cold city overall at early mornings and nights. Let our passengers wait 10 minutes for hot water would mean too bad for the business and we are attending along the last 13 years.

Finally we apologize our passengers if our hotel, staff, services or Policies are not the expected, and this review will help us to improve. We want to serve our clients the best we can do and also we want Our passengers to respect the Country policies as well as the HOTEL policies.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Located right downtown Cusco makes this hotel very convenient! Its quiet, nice and quaint, no bells and whistles. Small, minimal rooms, just the necessities, but thats all we needed. Free pick up from airport and complementary breakfasts. Very helpful and polite staff made the stay very welcoming. We were very pleased!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple