“Great stay”

Antares Mystic Hotel
Ranked #80 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed in several places on my recent trip to Peru and found the Antares Mystic to be one of the best places. The room (and whole establishment) was very clean and the staff was exceptionally kind. It was pretty inexpensive especially considering the free wifi, cable tv, and phone in the room. The restaurant downstairs was pretty convenient, too. This is a great value and only a few minutes walk to the main square in Cusco. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect but we were very pleased with our stay. We missed our flight to Cusco and ended up on a flight an hour later. To our surprise when we landed there was Miss. Alicia with a welcome sign and a big smile waiting for us! Just a short 15-minute drive to the hotel, a quick check-in, a few servings of hot cocoa tea and up to our room. The hotel is super clean. Our room was large, bright with plenty of windows, minimally furnished, with a phone and WiFi and plenty of boiling water! Room faced the main street and Market but it was surprisingly quiet and quite comfortable. The staff was really helpful and informative. We took a couple of their tours which were very reasonably priced. We already had our train tickets for Machu Picchu and did our own thing there. Breakfast was prepared when we came down each morning . . . fresh squeeze orange juice, scramble eggs, breakfast bread, and tea/coffee.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dfwrican
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I'm not used to staying in minimalist hotels. For the $30 rate that I got, I was expecting much worse. To my surprise, it was clean, comfortable enough, but freezing cold. No heater in rooms. The hot water was boiling hot and the wifi worked very well, better than some 5-star hotels in which I have stayed. The room is very basic.

It's in a noisy part of town and the other guests were also quite noisy and inconsiderate up until 3am, so I didn't sleep very well. Breakfast of bread and scramble eggs was included in the $30 rate.

Will I stay here again? No, because a colleague of mine chose it while I wasn't paying attention. I would choose somewhere more luxurious. However, for the traveller on a tight budget, this is great value.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steakmaster
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Service was warm and accommodating, breakfast was good and complete, rooms were comfortable and clean, location was good and the showers were great! We stayed here before and after a four-day Inca Trail trek, and our luggage was safely stored while we were gone. There is also a nice view from the roof patio, and the market across the street is a lot of fun to explore and have a cheap and authentic lunch. Seems like a great value for Cusco - I highly recommend Antares.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor with a nice view and lots of light (possibly too much light in the mo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank owlette
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The hotel is located opposite the market. I know that puts some people off but it takes you closer to the everyday life of the city and region. The central area of the city is only a short walk away.
The staff are very helpful - I'm not sure how good their English is though, but their Spanish is very clear. Breakfast is fine - choice of teas (incl coca leaves) and coffee, two big rolls, orange juice and scrambled egg. Rooms are a reasonable size and the bathrooms are good. Illunination in rooms is excellent. Wifi is a little erratic, sometimes the signal doesn'treach third (i.e. 2nd for UK people) rooms, but it is strong in reception.
Apparently the owners are into yoga etc., hence the name.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The street is a little dirty but we were pleasantly surprised when we walked in thru the doors of Antares. The staff is great. There is a cute little bar where they make coca tea. The rooms are clean and spacious. Very nice spot overall. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank glowbe_trottah
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived on Christmas Even and before we even checked in the owner had us sit and made us hot tea. Beyond helpful and polite we felt like the ladies who work here are our family. Rooms are outstanding, hot water and water pressure is top notch! Room Service! The day we left I had forgotten to turn in my key and the lady had to drive all the way to the airport to get it from me and still had nothing but kindness for us. I could easily have spent a month or more here...THANK YOU (Muchisimo Gracias por todo)!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple