The Garden House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
$27
$15
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome away from homeinca trailcecitaxitrek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I spent three nights at the Garden House with my parents on our trip to Perú and instantly fell in love with the hotel. Señoras Doris an Cecilia, the owners of the lovely hotel, are like two mother fairies who run the hotel with such love and care that it is impossible not to notice the home-like atmosphere floating at each corner of the house. Moreover, the rooms are lovely and spacious; the breakfast room and hall are full of beauty, life and memories and the view from the central patio towards the opposite mountains at 6 AM is gorgeous. All in all, I got a feeling that the Garden House is not only a guesthouse harboring plenty of stories from random parts of the world, but that it has a life and memory of its own; that it is a house with a past and its people and that Señoras Doris and Cecilia, now the heart of the house, run it for guests who are willing (and eager) to find themselves in a place with roots and character.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank SaraHeinola
Reviewed June 28, 2009

It is a very beautiful, quite, and clean hotel. Doris and her staff were most helpful to us in arranging local trips. We truly felt like VIPs while staying at Garden House. Also, it is an excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My aunt and I stayed at the Garden House and we couldn't have made a better choice. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and an excellent breakfast was prepared for us every morning.

What makes this hotel incredible is the service. The staff worked with us to set up tours, offered great recommendations, and helped us at every opportunity. We were originally planning on travelling to Puno, but a strike made it impossible to go there. Among other things, the staff at the Garden House worked with us to set up alternate plans, helped us change our plane tickets, and sent a driver to pick us up from the station when the bus to take us to Puno was cancelled. That type of service can't be found at most hotels.

It is not possible to walk to the Garden House from the Plaza de Armas, and it is a 10-15 minute taxi ride costing aproximately $2.50. Also, there are no restaurants nearby (although a delicious Peruvian pizzeria, Chez Maggie, delivers). However, this hotel's charm and amazing staff make it worth the taxi trip.

I recommend this hotel to everyone except backpackers.

1  Thank Emmerness
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed here with my family earlier this month (June '09). The stay was fantastic. The level of service was impeccable. The prices were very reasonable and we enjoyed the pleasant attitudes of everyone at the facility.

I recommend this establishment in the highest possible terms.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Garden House in June 2009 for visits to Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley. Claudia was incredible - she and her sister made our stay absolutely perfect. Everything (and more) than what we wanted out of the vacation. They coordinated all of our travel arrangements and incredible dinners, got us taxi's and cars whenever we were leaving the property and overall took care of all of our (many!) needs! If ever returning to Cusco, we will be sure to spend time with Claudia at this amazing establishment again; and I highly recommend this place to all travelers to the Cusco area.