“Beautiful accomodations - treat you like family!”
Review of The Garden House

The Garden House
Ranked #74 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I can't speak glowingly enough about The Garden House and my recent 6 day stay (Oct 2012)- when I arrived to Cusco I was sick, like many from the altitude. Ceci convinced me that oxygen would help and gave me 15 min of oxygen and settled me in with hot tea. They checked on me later while I was resting in their beautiful suite. Maria, Dedrea and Ceci just couldn't be more gracious.

I looked forward to coming back from my adventures for the day and sharing with Ceci tales of wanderings. The entire staff was so kind, and truly interested in how much I liked Peru. Ceci is so knowledgeable about Peru, its history, current political state, and the arts.

They arranged drivers for the day, taxi's into town, and anything else you could possibly need. Although the trek to Salkantry was the highlight of the trip- while in Cuzco - meeting these lovely people was the icing on the cake.

I will be back and hope you chose Garden House for your stay.

Linda L

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Thankina

Reviewed September 29, 2012

In June of 2012 my family and I had a wonderful experience at The Garden House. We booked two rooms for four days for our family of five. Everything about The Garden House was fantastic! Ceci and Doris were wonderfully warm and gracious hosts, they made us feel like family and we are very honored to have spent time with them during our visit to Cusco. The rooms were well appointed and I was especially pleased that they had a triple two room suite for our three adult children. Breakfasts were delicious: everything that you would want, juices, rolls, eggs, fruit, cereal and bacon. I arranged all my tours through Ceci and Doris (e.g. Machu Piccu, Sacred Valley, and Cusco) and all of the tours were arranged perfectly! There are many other small details that we appreciated: the caring and attentive staff, the cell phones that were provided to us during our stay and the locally arranged transportation (By the way, the complimentary tour of Cusco was outstanding. The Garden House was also a strategically situated launchpad to tour the Cusco - Sacred Valley - Maccu Piccu area. On behalf of all of our family members (Penny, Natalie, Melinda, Jared and Me) we are so pleased and thankful for the warmth and hospitality provided to us by Ceci and Doris and their staff!

Jim Gibson and family

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James G
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Doris and Ceci took great care of my group. They helped arrange taxis and the emergency cell phone was appreicated. They even helped us secure transportation to an animal sanctuary. The breakfasts were fantastic and rooms were lovely. The inn is a bit far from La Plaza de Armes but I do not see that as a negative as we had a lovely quiet stay with no dog fights or roosters waking us up in the middle of the night as was normal when we were staying near Plaza des Arms. This was the best place to relax for a few days after hiking the Inca Trail. It only took us 15 mins by taxi to get back to La Plaza des Armes when there was no traffic. The hospitality and service was amazing. Hopefully I will get to go back again some day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AlannaR76
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had the pleasure to spend four days in the Garden House while we toured Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. The location is a private home that has been converted to an inn. It is run by sisters Doris and Ceci. It is a 10 minute taxi ride from Plaza de Armas, which we never found to be a problem (a taxi will cost you 10-15 soles) . The sisters are native cusquenians who love to visit with their guests. You enter the inn as a guest, and you leave as a family friend! As mentioned by others, they go above and beyond to make sure your visit is memorable (arranging tours, recommending local restaurants, in our case helping with some unplanned travel issues). The ladies and their staff (particularly Deanna) were just so welcoming and accommodating. I think I would return to Cusco just for the pleasure of staying here again. The only problem was we didn't have the pleasure of experiencing the gardens as we visited in their winter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cisaacs1974
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Garden House was a delightful B&B type of hotel in the suburbs of Cusco. Let's get the big negative out of the way -- location -- it is 20-25 minutes away by cab from the main square of Cusco. The owners of the hotel gave us a small cell phone and we called them when we wanted to go back home and they sent a cab to pick us up (10 soles). If the location does not bother you then this is an absolutely amazing place to stay in while in Cusco. The staff is top-rate and they are able to arrange trips and treks, make good restaurant recommendations and spa reservations. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious (ours had a sitting room), beds are comfortable and relaxing. Doris and Ceci (the owners) looked after us very well and went out of their way to make us feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank filimaui
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our family of four, 2 boys 10, 14, stayed for 4 nights in July 2012. It was by far the best place we stayed on our month long trip in South America. We were cared for the minute we arrived. Ceci and Doris went above and beyond, getting up at 4.30 am to provide breakfast before our trip to Machu Picchu. Beds were comfortable and luxurious, it was great having two rooms and our own bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and we loved to linger at the dining table, felt like home. For travelers who are deciding based on price - we went with this even though it was a little more than we would normally spend, it was well worth it. I would do it again. Every review I read before I left and since on The Garden House, is accurate and describes our experience exactly!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Brigitte J
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at the Garden House August 27th - 30th. What a wonderful place to stay. The Garden House is just as beautiful as the pictures. The house was warm and immaculate. The house has beautiful hardwood floors, Peruvian style layout. Ceci and Doris have hot tea waiting for your arrival. They both are very hospitable. They recommended the best places to eat, Greens restaurant and Maps restaurant, which were fabulous. They took such good care of us, phoning for reservations, calling for taxis and even let us use 2 cell phones in case we got lost in the city and needed to contact her or each other. Cusco was a bit cool at night and they warmed our rooms and did turn down service on our beds. They served us breakfast each morning, even the morning we had to be out of the house at 5:00 a.m for a tour. What a memorable stay. You won't be sorry choosing to stay at the Garden House! Thank you Ceci and Doris for all your hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family