“What a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden House

The Garden House
Ranked #43 of 163 Hotels in Cusco
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“What a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I'm usually not moved to write reviews but staying at The Garden House was truely a wonderful experience. The sisters that run the place were very passionate about showing us the wonders of Cusco, and it shows in everything they do. Every night they would give us a recommendation for a place to eat, which was some of the best food we have ever tasted, they would call us a taxi, provide you with a local cell phone to call when you were ready to return, make you breakfast every morning at the time of your choosing, and book you on any and every sightseeing trip you wish to participate in. Hands down the best B&B experience I have ever had. On my next trip to Cusco, I won't look anywhere else, I'll be staying at The Garden House every time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Spent a night at this hotel - the hostess, Doris I believe, was just amazing. It truly felt as if we were visiting a dear relative's house. She made sure a trusty driver was around to take us wherever we needed, offered to make reservations at good restaurants and asked at what time I wanted breakfast. Then the next morning an amazing home made breakfast was served just in time.

The hotel location is not so great, it's a big gated house in a more residential area and you have to take a cab to go the pretty walking part of the city but what the hotel lacks in location is more than made up in charm and great service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Garden House in September and we could not have been more satisfied with the accommodations, service and hospitality. The two sisters go out of their way to ensure that all your needs are met and treat you as if you're family.

Just a few of the things that they helped us with are restaurant reservations, calling taxi's, unlimited coco tea, a personal laptop for emails, fresh made breakfast, a cell phone in case you need to contact them when you're out and about, etc. It was really above and beyond anything we could have expected.

The only issue is that they are a bit out of the downtown and are in a gated house. However, taxis are cheap to the city centre and they will help you get a hold of one if you need.

If you do decide to stay here, make sure to listen to their restaurant recommendations because everywhere we at in Cusco was fantastic because of their suggestions. Also, we booked a driver with the Garden House to tour the Sacred Valley. We had a great time with Esteban and I would fully endorse him if you are interested in doing the same thing.

All in all, a fantastic stay in a great city!

If

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I thought this B&B was outside the city in a countryside landscape...not the case, HOWEVER, we enjoyed a lovely stay. It's a little oasis within a protective fence and buzz-in gate. Outside the fence you won't want to walk around for explore, which is my only possible complaint, but simply take a taxi to the center of town for cheap and you're all set. The owners even give you a cell phone to call the taxi to retreive you. EXCELLENT service!

I loved our stay here and wish it were longer. The sisters couldn't have been kinder, more thoughtful or accomodating. Oxygen was there if we needed it, coca tea, a lovely breakfast, movie rental room....and our bedroom was very spacious with a sitting room and a bedroom. Very clean, quiet, hot water was no problem, very very nice. We felt so at home. I highly recommend this calming and welcoming house.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

The four of us stayed at the Gardenhouse Cusco for 4 days and it was truly magical. Doris and Ceci were like family to us and they took care of our every need. I got a spare laptop from Ceci to check my mail (my nook did not work very well), they gave us a local cell phone so that we could call them when we needed a taxi to come back (sometimes it gets very difficult to hail cabs in downtown cusco as we found out one night); pointed us to some amazing places to eat - Incanto, Greens and BonDiet bakery. Morning breakfast was amazing and the staff made us feel at home. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and the stay at the GardenHouse was one of the highlights of our trip.
Both the sisters are very fluent in English and very culturally aware of their guest's needs.
I cannot recommend this place enough. It is a little away from downtown Cusco but a taxi ride each way was only 8 soles ($3) and so easy to get. The room rates for the four of us were very reasonable also. D and C have a lot of pamphlets about places to see/things to do and they are also "in" with the local restaurants.
We cannot rave enough about this place.
MS

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ooltewah, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My family and I recently visited Cusco and had the pleasure of staying at The Garden House for five nights. It was a lovely, memorable experience, with a level of customer service and personalized attention that made our stay totally enjoyable. The two sisters who own and operate The Garden House could not have been more attentive and helpful to our every need - from recommending restaurants and making reservations, to ensuring we knew the best places to visit in Cusco, to helping us all adjust to the altitude with a cup of tea and a few bottles of Gatorade as we toured the Sacred Valley and Machu Pichu. I can't imagine how our trip could have been more successful had we stayed anywhere else. Long before our time to return home, we felt as if we were members of their extended family, spending the night in the family hacienda. The only possible criticism anyone could have of The Garden House is that it is about a 15-minute cab ride outside of the city, but the peace and quiet afforded in our room after a long and arduous day of hiking and touring the sites was totally welcome - the value of being able to hear a pin drop as you drift off to sleep cannot be understated. All in all, the cab rides into town were easy, and a small price to pay. We would recommend a stay at The Garden House to anyone who is looking for a unique experience, and a first-class operation with a personal touch!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friends and I recently stayed here for two nights before our 4 day hike to Machu Picchu. We returned to the Garden House after our trek and stayed another night before returning to the US. The hostess sister team and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Everything and anything we needed they made sure to help us. They made reservations for us, took care of our laundry, fed us delicious breakfast every morning, and even made sure we were on time whenever we were due somewhere! I really enjoyed my stay here and felt safe and at home. The grounds were beautifully kept and the rooms were gorgeous. The Garden House is just outside of the hustle and bustle of the busy city which I was happy to have a break from. Taxi rides were less than 5 soles to get to and from the center of town. I was very happy my friend booked us at the Garden House and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Cusco.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom. It was comfortable and cozy.