If you want to feel as though you are transported back into time and be surrounded by artwork that should belong in a museum, then you will enjoy your stay here. The hotel felt more like you are staying at a boutique bed and breakfast rather than a commercial chain hotel. Though in the center of Cusco, it was located off a quiet street. The room we stayed in was peaceful and quiet, perfect for those who are light sleepers.
I am not entirely sure which room category we had (the room was booked through our agent as part of a tour), but it did have a king sized bed. The room itself was on the smaller side compared to your average American hotel. However, the bathroom was spacious (the heated tiles was a plus), the A/C worked just fine and the bed was very comfortable. I appreciate that complimentary bottled water came with our stay and was replenished each day.
The majority of tourists likely stay here as "base camp" for Machu Picchu and the hotel certainly recognizes this. Breakfast (included with the stay) starts at 5:00AM (enough time to catch the first train out to Machu Picchu) and is quite good. There is a large selection of hot and cold items and even an omelette bar. If you are too tired search for a restaurant, the restaurant located in the hotel is quite good. We ate lunch and dinner there and really enjoyed all our meals (I recommend their signature dishes located on the second page of their menu). Even the chicken soup impressed me!
Other nice perks of the hotel include 2 computer terminals with a printer (so you can print out your boarding pass or check your e-mails), free wi-fi, complimentary coca tea and even complimentary use of the oxygen tank should you experience altitude sickness.
I was very pleased with our stay here and highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco is located in a beautiful eighteenth century mansion. Its majestic colonial courtyards invite you to live an authentic Cusco experience, in a space full of beauty and history. It is located just 4 blocks away from Cusco's main square, ideal city point for exploring the delights of the Imperial city. Start the tour from the Limacpampa square, located just outside the hotel. Discover the magic of the mythical city of Cusco, and its narrow cobbled streets. Be surprised by the ancient Inca culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco Hotel Cusco
- Cusco Casa Andina Private Collection