“Superb Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Singapore
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you like good service, this is the place for you. Torre Dorada is in what seems to be a residential neighbourhood - no restaurants or shops in evidence nearby. However, the free 24-hour pick-up and drop to the city centre (and airport) is real and offered most cheerfully. Though taxis are cheap and plentiful, hotel staff encouraged us to call the hotel at whatever time you want to be picked up and the car arrives in about 10 minutes. Once when the hotel car was busy they asked a taxi driver they trusted to pick us up and paid the fare.

Similar quality of service across the board from the driver and breakfast lady, through the front desk staff to the owner. We checked in early, and while we waited for our room to get ready we were offered breakfast (although it was past the time). Staff packed snacks for us whenever they thought we could use some sustenance. Excellent breakfast, with lots of local items and variety from day to day. Little things here and there that made sure we were happy.

That said, Wi-Fi in the rooms was a bit weak (particularly on the 4th floor) and the four-bedder was a bit cramped for four people (we stayed 4 nights).

All things considered, we would highly recommend Torre Dorada unless you would like to stay in the heart of town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashok-Seenu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I can't rave enough about this hotel! The rooms were super comfortable (with a lounge and free hot tea on each floor). Showers were hot. Wifi was servicable (though a bit better out of the rooms). Breakfast is delicious and varied.

Service was amazing; you get a hotel driver to and from the hotel to all parts of Cusco, free of charge. This was most appreciated as the hotel is not in the main part of town. Reception staff were great; when we realised the check-in times for our flights to Ecuador the next morning were tight, the staff called LAN.com to organise for our baggage to be checked through to Ecuador, rather than requiring collection from Lima (thus saving us much stress and rushing around)!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GabsLiLi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is wonderful. Service friendly and helpful. Breakfasts have plenty of choice. And the nights are quiet due to its location. It is about a ten minute drive to the Plaza de Armas but you have friendly drivers on 24 hour stand by to pick you up and drop you off between the hotel and the plaza. Beds were very comfortable and the staff would turn bedside lamp and heater on if you went out at night. A very sweet touch. Excellent value.

• Stayed July 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

If being in the center of the city is your preference, then the Torre Dorada is not for you. That said, I would be hard put to find a better place to stay in Cusco. The 10-15 minute drive to the Plaza de Armas was, for us, not an issue, since the hotel provides free 24-hour car transportation around Cusco.
The peace and quiet of the Torre Dorada make it special. The personal attention, however, was truly extraordinary. To begin with, the hotel staff communicated with me regularly and punctually about all aspects of our visit to Cusco and Macchu Pichu. Thanks to Marco, I was able to make all the reservations necessary, well in advance, so that we could take the train to Macchu Picchu, stay over night there, and climb to Huayna Picchu the second morning, before returning to Cusco. I had no idea as to how crucial this would be before leaving the US. We say many tourists turned away from the Huayna Picchu entrance: no reservations available for at least another 2 months.
Upon our arrival at the Torre Dorada, Henry took us under his surveillance, providing us with mate de coca and all of the necessary precautions and orientations so that we would contend well with the altitude. He also helped us plot out our visit.
Torre Dorada is much more than a well-run, clean and comfortable hotel. It is your on-location Cusco-resource center. I recommend it in the strongest terms!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked at Hotel Torre Dorada after reading the reviews on here.
It was a bit more expensive than I had planned to spend but really don't regret it. The room was cozy and clean. All of the staff were helpful and kind. They helped make sure I got laundry done on time, packed me a lunch when I left before breakfast was served and offered to call my hiking agency when they were 3 minutes late picking me up!

Staying away from the centre of Cusco was not a problem at all. It was a quick drive and the driver really is available 24/7.

I recommend this anyone and would love to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. I must admit I was dubious about booking something outside of the immediate city center area in Cusco but the reviews were so good! And for good reason! The hotel was safe and clean, the staff were super friendly and informative, and the breakfast was awesome. The hotel shuttles you to and from the center which was perfect.

In the taxi to the airport when I was leaving, another car caused the driver to make an emergency stop (which he thankfully did perfectly). I realized at check-in for my flight that my iPhone, which had been on my lap, had fallen during that, and it turned out was under the seat in the cab. I called the hotel who recovered the phone from the driver and kept it for me in their safe in the hotel until I could get a courier to collect it. I never imagined I would see it again!

So thanks again to Hotel Dorada for a fabulous stay, and for retrieving my lost phone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just finished three nights at Torre Dorada and this hotel is amazing. Great service, quiet location, awesome breakfast and comfortable rooms. All in all I have nothing to complain about this property. I especially like that they will transport you anywhere in town, at any time of day. (Please remember to tip the drivers, they deserve it!) This is especially helpful because the hotel is located about 10 minutes from the city center. I will definitely stay here when I return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends