This hotel is only 3 stars but I have stayed in much better 3 stars.
Perhaps we were unlucky to have received one of the worst rooms in the hotel, but my husband would not let me complain and seek a better one. We stayed in two other Casa Andina chain hotels in Lima and Sacred Valley and they were wonderful.
big gripe- our room had a window that opened onto the corridor. That was the only window. So we could not open the curtains because people were constantly walking past or open a window because all conversations could be heard.
Claustrophobic and mean spirited room. It was a basic kind of room like in a backpackers hostel. No storage space, too small to walk around with our cases on the floor. Yuck.
The breakfasts were probably OK for one morning, but after 3 mornings it was boring. EAting outside on a nice morning much better than inside in the dinky little dining room.
On complaint we got a bottle of water in the room each day, otherwise it was pay for water.
The bathroom was fine, if dimly lit, and the bed was also OK quality. I did not sleep well as I was constantly awakened by people entering their rooms in our corridor and getting up at 5 am for early flights.
The best aspect is the location, walkable to most places. I suspect that for the money you could do better in Cusco.
I also think Casa Andina needs to reconsider if they keep such a low standard hotel as part of the chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is removed from the traffic, hustle and bustle of the center but still just 3 blocks from Cusco Plaza de Armas. An atmosphere of spaciousness and serenity, spread across 2 sprawling, connected 18th-century manor houses and 2 peaceful interior colonial patios. Just steps from Koricancha (the Inca Temple of the Sun) and Santo Domingo church. Among our services we offer: Internet Center, Wireless internet service is available, ATM, laundry service and breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Andina Standard Cusco Koricancha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Classic - Cusco Koricancha Hotel Cusco
- Casa Andina Classic Hotel Cusco