“Good find -- Great staff!”

Casa San Blas Boutique
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I spent nights at Casa San Blas before and after going to Machu Picchu. My luggage had not made it on my flight from the US to Lima, and the staff could not have been more helpful in calling the airline to try to find it for me. Lita and Rosa were terrific! I was picked up at the airport in Cusco, free of charge, although there was a charge for the return trip...my mistake was that I didn't confirm the rate with the driver (the front desk told me it would be 8 soles; driver charged 15 soles)

Rooms were nice and comfortable, not overly large but certainly adequate. My only complaint was that a disinfectant is used to clean the bathroom (not a bad thing!) that was really potent and I had to keep the window open to get rid of the smell. I thought it was one of the disks in the back of the toilet, but the maid claimed that it was simply the cleaner she uses. For me, it was headache material.

The last night, my room opened on the lobby and I thought it would be noisy before my early morning flight, but it was very quiet after about 10 pm.

I didn't have dinner at the restaurant but was interested in the glowing review that someone else wrote. Breakfast was included and fine with eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. There are lots of good restaurants like PachaPapa nearby, and the location (even up the steep hill) is excellent. Free internet in the lobby. Great staff, terrific location, and I would definitely stay there again...good value. Safe location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 10, 2009

Great place to stay in Cusco--just up the hill from Plaza de las Armas. Also, great restaurants and bars near by like the Fallen Angel (A MUST SEE!) and reasonable artisan shopping. The restaurant in the hotel is to die for---some of the best food we had over our 12 days in Peru!

Reviewed July 5, 2009

This hotel was great. From the welcoming airport pick-up, the coca tea upon arrival, great check-in at reception, beautiful common grounds, spotless, spacious rooms, free internet access (computers in lobby), decent breakfast, great location. We will return there again without even shopping around. Oh, and our views from the rooms on the top floor were awesome during the fireworks the weekend before Into Raymi. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband, son and I stayed at the Casa San Blas recently. There are no words to say how much we enjoyed it. The location of the hotel was perfect - in the artsy neighborhood of San Blas. The rooms were nice, comfortable and roomy. The staff was fantastic- whenever we needed something, they had already attended to it. I can absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Our group rented three rooms from the Casa San Blas for two nights. My husband and I stayed in room 318, a suite with a kitchen. The room was clean, well-equipped, had a large bathroom. We were right over the kitchen and front desk, and also on the street. And, still it was very quiet - those thick walls in that old house are thick!

The staff is very friendly and for what you get... the price is right!

I recommend this hotel to people that want a mix of an authentic, old-time, charming hotel, yet like certain amenities, too.

GREAT location - short downhill walk to the square. I felt very safe in this neighborhood.

Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stayed here two nights with a friend before and after traveling to MP and the Sacred Valley. As a result, we had two different rooms. Both were standard, nothing fancy, but comfortable and clean. The lobby has free coffee and tea (regular tea and coca tea) available at all times. There is also free internet in the lobby. The staff was great - they arranged a taxi to take us to Ollantaytambo via Pisac and we ended up using that same driver several other times that week. The hotel is a short walk down the hill to the Plaza de Armas and other attractions. The staff also spoke excellent English which was a pleasant change from other cities in the Sacred Valley. Breakfast buffet was also good and included both hot and cold items.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed in the Casa San Blas for one night May 09. It was about 10 minutes from airport by cab. The hotel is tucked back in an alley off a side street, so it was very quiet and private. Check-in was pain-free and easy. My room was great- a twin bed with a couch also, TV, closet, nice bathroom. The hotel in general is done in a pleasing mission style. I found it to be very low-stress and peaceful. They have a restaurant with free breakfast, which I did not get to experience as we left at the crack of dawn the next day. I will definitely return on my next trip to Cusco.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo