1,221 results
All reviews machu picchu colonial mansion san pedro market coca tea local market the main square breakfast buffet train station inner courtyard yogurt comfortable beds bottled water eggs small hotel inca trail stored our luggage visiting cusco
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night before heading off to Machu Pichu. Great interior design and ambiance. Beautiful rooms. Down side no air conditioning, fan only upon request. That being said I was comfortable with the fan. Staff were courteous and responsive. The breakfast was great in both selections and quality. The WiFi was problematic as it kept going out and was down for the bulk of my stay. In all it was a good spot with beautiful decor, clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff. I would consider staying again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
TerraAndina_11, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Terra Andina Colonial Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sir Seth:
Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor. Your comments help us all at the Terra Andina Hotel, it makes us feel proud of our performance and it encourages us to continue to improve our service.

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I booked this hotel after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor. This was our last hotel after staying at four different hotels during our trip to Peru and we can say with utmost confidence that it is, by far, the worst we’ve stayed at in Peru.

To start, the location isn’t great. It is located on a small unlit street that’s quite deserted, especially at nighttime (and we should note that it gets dark quickly here). The hotel is close enough to the main square to walk back and forth, but it’s a big hassle to travel with luggage because the roads aren’t pavement.

When we got to the hotel, we were told that the hotel doesn’t provide any bottled water (even in the rooms) and that it doesn’t have an elevator. We were left to drag our luggage up the stairs. We were given the WiFi password, but it didn’t matter because it barely worked. Even if it did, it was too slow for us to do simple tasks, such as opening an app or googling something.

The room was extremely outdated, with the rusted door lock being similar to one you’d find in a bathroom door. Strangely, the washroom was updated to look nice on photos, but the amenities were lacking and actual sinks, toilet, and shower were old.
Breakfast was included, but was slightly less than standard selections seen in other hotels here.

Before this hotel, we were amazed by the kindness and service we received from locals and service workers in Peru. With this money, you can definitely get a better hotel (I suggest Aranwa Hotel with its amazing rooms and outstanding service) and not let a bad hotel experience stain your trip.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank katie3909
TerraAndina_11, Gerente at Terra Andina Colonial Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thanks for reviewing us on Trip Advisors; we appreciate honest and detailed feedback that help us to improve day by day.
We would like to apologize for your negative experience. I appreciate that we cannot get it right all of the time but would hope that when we make a mistake, we really try to rectify it during the guests stay, to ensure that they leave us feeling happy and relaxed.

Regards,

The Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was below my expectations. The service made me feel like I was a dollar sign. When we arrived, I was told the only water the hotel provides is for purchase. On our checkout, we called to ask if we could have our boarding passes printed (just 3 pieces of paper), however were told that they didn’t have a printer. When we expressed our surprise, they said the printer was “broken” and we would have to print for a cost at the airport. When we confronted them again in person, within view of TWO printers, they said actually only one was broken and they can print it for us. I expected better service for a four star hotel. I did not appreciate being lied to, and it really left a poor taste on our last day in Peru.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We would like to offer you our sincerest apologies. Please rest assure that we will look into this.
We hope you will us another Terra Andina Colonial Mansion in Cusco another try.

Regards,

The Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after staying one night at the esplendor hotel across the road.

We were initially given a very nice room for 80 dollars.

The receptionist asked if we would like to upgrade to a plaza suite for an extra 20dollars which we did. The room was lovely but unfortunately fully booked for our last couple of days as we would have stayed.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Our only downside was the unavailable room to cover our stay in cusco

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkW304
TerraAndina_11, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Terra Andina Colonial Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Mr. Mark:

Reviewed March 28, 2019

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel ; what an amazing find!! The room was spacious with a comfortable queen size bed and a gorgeous bathroom. The décor was colonial with carved wood throughout the establishment . The breakfast buffet was exquisite; omelets made to order, French toast, diverse pastries and breads. The workers were extremely helpful and eager to be of service. The hotel is situated near the market and about 5 blocks from the main square. It is a very safe place to be.. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay and I would definitely go back to it .Try it and you will not be disappointed.

Room tip: I don't believe there are bad rooms
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TerraAndina_11, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Terra Andina Colonial Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear Ms. Maria: