Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
memorable time in Peru

Thanks to the whole Proyecto Peru Staff I had the most amazing time in Peru. They were always there... read more

Reviewed December 6, 2021
Lizaabdz
via mobile
Highly recommend this program

I have only been here in Cusco for a month and I have loved my experience thus far. ProyectoPeru... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2021
hannahbN2921AG

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cusco
from $59.00
from $55.00
from $48.00
from $25.65
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Proyecto Peru is a really fantastic place to learn Spanish, whether you are a complete beginner or already know some. The teachers are so lovely and always make the lesson interesting. The location is very easy to get to.

Date of experience: August 2017
ProyectoPeruCentre, Public Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you for the review! We're so glad you enjoyed your classes!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I am very grateful to have been able to attend Proyecto Peru for the whole month of June. When I was looking into a school, I was looking for a place where there are many things to see and do. Moreover, I wanted a school that offers some volunteering opportunities. Proyecto Peru ticked all the boxes. Being in Cusco, it made it easy to do day tours or multiple day tours from Cusco at a very affordable prices. Also, the city itself is very historical with their colonial architecture and history to keep one busy. The school itself is on the second floor of a colonial building.

I completed the 4 week summer program where I was a student of Paula along with 3 other students (Manon, Tessa and Jack). I loved the fact that it was such a small class where our teacher, Paula can help us develop our speaking skills through things such as games that involved the students to student interaction by asking each other questions EN ESPANOL of course. Paula is such a wonderful teacher, she is very patient with her students regardless of the level the student has in Spanish and she will take time to explain things and will even bring her students to mini excursions around the city to learn more about the Cusqueno ways.

I am happy that Proyecto Peru is not one of the large companies that does Spanish lessons. I like that the classes are kept very small. Sometimes, 1 to 1.

The volunteer experience I had was also memorable. I volunteered at an after school program that catered to underprivileged kids instead of going to the market to sell to the tourists trinkets. There were kids from age 2 to age 14. They would come to the centre after school to do homework, play, watch tv, surf the internet and last but not least, be a kid that they are.

I chose homestay for the duration of the program. I stayed slightly outside of the city centre at the Barrio of Manuel Prado. It is only about 15-20 minute bus ride from where i stayed to the school. I loved the homestay experience because it enabled me to experience the daily life of a Cusqueno. I would not have the same experience had i stayed at a hostel with fellow travellers. Moreover, this enabled me extra time to practice Spanish with my host family. I stayed with Frank and Violetta and their 4 kids and 1 grandchild. They were great hosts and cooked great meals. Violetta is a true chef in the kitchen. Frank also is very accommodating.

My advice to future students, I would suggest going to cusco during the month of June as the whole month of June is a festival. Each week there is a major event usually on Thursdays or the weekend. Also there is the most important event in the month of June, INTI RAYMI. Everyday leading to the main event, here are cultural dances from all parts of the Province, from grade school to high school. You will not regret coming during this month.

All in all, Proyecto Peru is a school that I will definitely keep close to my heart. I will never forget the laughs I had with the students, teachers and administrators alike. Everyone in the school are so down to earth that you will feel like you are there with friends the whole time. I will never forget my couches where I would lie down in and nap. I definitely made a little dent on that couch I'm sure.

It won't be the last seeing the school.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Chroniclestraveller
ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Hello Omar,

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us and we could not have been very grateful. You really added fun to our office and smiles to a lot of our students and especially the staff. We will definitely miss you and please do not be a stranger, stop by our school anytime you're back in Cusco.

Have fun traveling and good luck!

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I liked this language school very much especially the familiar warm atmosphere and the profesional Spanish lessons with Paula. Best Spanish teacher I ever had. When I was back to Germany I continued for one year online classes with her. What is a good offer and make you feel still being on holiday in Cusco. Paula is very good informed about peruvian social life, habits and politics and also very interested in about what is happening in the world outside Peru and can teach every level of spanish. My daughter also went to Cusco with her friend for Spanish classes and social work in the afternoon in a orphanage. Everthing was very well organized and they felt super welcome also in their family they were living during their stay, also organized via the school. They enjoyed all the offers of the school, like dancing salsa, cooking, mixing pisco and a lot of other local stuff. I went back to Cusco twice and visiting proyecto Peru is always a fix part of my program. Looking forward to next time

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank 2306conny
ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Conny,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. Paula said that she really enjoyed teaching you and she was happy that you took the time to acknowledge her. She was very excited to have you as her student.

Please feel free to stop by our office whenever you decide to visit Cusco again. Hope you have a great time traveling.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

I came to Cusco to study spanish for four weeks AND take a look at Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca (among other interesting places).
I took the full immersion program. I had six hours of spanish a day – just me and my wonderful teacher Paula. I started more or less from zero and four weeks later I was able to do my goodbye speach without using a note to read from.
Paula is a brilliant teacher. Divertida, amable y muy bueno.

I stayed two weeks in a family and two weeks in a shared apartment. Had a lovely time.

Bo
from Sweden

Date of experience: January 2017
ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear Bo,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We always make sure that our students have a good time. Paula was very excited to have you as her student. She enjoyed teaching you as well.

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Here I have studied Spanish for 2 weeks. One week was part of my "Bildungsurlaub" (in Germany: vacation for education).
I really enjoyed staying here. It is a small school and therefore rather like family. Everybody was really friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed the classes with my teacher Paula. I liked a lot the diversity how to learn the language: through songs, visiting museums and historic places.
Just be prepared: the school is rather cold, so wear layers. (However, it is like this all over Cusco.)
The school also helps you with arranging your trips. I booked Maras & Moray and Rainbow Mountains. Both were with reliable agencies. So thanks to everyone and hopefully we see each other next year!

Date of experience: May 2017
ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Daniela,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We always make sure that our students have a good time. We certainly treat our students like a family and it is something that we are proud of. Paula was also appreciative for having you as her student. She enjoyed teaching you as well.