“best thing in th sacred valley”
Review of Maras Adventure

Ranked #19 of 856 Tours in Cusco
Miami, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“best thing in th sacred valley”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

this was my favorite stop in the sacred valley. this is a must see. its amazing how deep this ruin is. be aware of the altitude it takes a punch when your walking down or up.. this was one of my favorite things to see, if you are not planing on doing the entire sascred valley tour make sure you plan for this. you wont regret it incredible view...this is included in your tourist valet..

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jpineda87

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Worth a stop on a great tour”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were on a great horseback riding tour with Cusco For You and they took us to Moray as part of the 5 hour trip.
It was a nice stop and I'm glad we got to see it.

Visited March 2012
Orange County, California
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Highlight of the trip”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

These were hands down my favorite ruins. So gorgeous. Do muster up the energy to climb all the way down (well, the energy to climb up - I'm not in great shape and with the altitude I was breathing heavy but it was well worth it). The cantilevered (sp?) stairs were amazing, as well the drainage pipes and the perfection of the circles and thought that went into it. Why can't we build stuff like this today?? It's pretty far away from much of anything too, but request a stop there if you can.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank bubbles911
London, United Kingdom
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I never knew about moray till I got to Peru and I saw it on a tour operators poster. I knew that it was a definite stop on my list of attractions. We drove for quite a while to get there (literally in the middle of nowhere). I was flabbergasted when I looked over the edge of the hill and truly saw the scale and depth of this inca ruin. It was easy going down, but was hard to come back up and there are like 5 or more levels to climb up. You can really feel it get cooler as you get to the bottom. Make sure to take enough drinking water on the day and sun block as I was caught short.

3 Thank Zahid K
Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“An agricultural Experiment station ahead of its time”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Moray is amazing. The Incas discovered a natural bowl, realized that its various levels created several microclimates, and developed a series of 12 terraces on which they tested varieties of various crops--especially corn, potatoes, and quinoa. Walking down to the bottom of the site is easy; hiking back up is another story. We took a pass, realizing that, given the altitude, we would need at least an hour just to climb up. So we walked all the way around the top edge and were able to see the entire site, including two smaller terraced areas (bowls) that haven't yet been excavated and restored.

Visited January 2013