Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Cannot praise Kudoa enough!

Travel to Peru was a wondrous adventure for my wife and I. The very professional team at Kudoa made... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
T284MNnancyw
Private Peru and Ecuador Tour by Kuoda

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
mstiwin
Duncan, South Carolina

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from $799.00
from $788.00
from $989.00
from $479.00
More Info
All reviews mery calderon sacred valley trip planner personalized trip lima airport south america personalized service level of service every step of the way perfect trip peru and bolivia internal flights the entire trip worry free colca canyon took care of every detail private trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I booked a private, custom tour through Kuoda for July 2019. We had an excellent experience and would recommend Kuoda to everyone looking to travel in this area.

The booking process was well done. We communicated back and forth with Kuoda to plan our itinerary. They helped us pick accommodations and experiences to put together a great trip.

Once we arrived, we were well cared for. They took care of all the logistics for each of our stops along the way. All of the drivers, guides, and staff were very nice and helpful. At one point, I got sick, and one of the staff members made several calls and even a personal visit to our hotel to check on me and make sure I had everything I needed. It felt like they really cared about us and our experience. All accommodations they led us to were also very nice.

A few small notes to be aware of - when traveling to Ecuador, Kuoda will arrange travel, but you are not in the hands of Kuoda staff. We arrive at Quito airport and were met by a member of the Go Galapagos staff. We were a little confused at first having expected Kuoda staff, but everything turned out okay. Go Galapagos was also took good care of us, it just would have been nice to know we would be switching hands up front. Secondly, we booked a day hike to Huchuy Qosqo. It was an amazing hike with great views, but from the descriptions we saw on the Kuoda web page and in the paperwork sent to us, we were not aware of how strenuous this hike would be. It ended up being about 10 miles (maybe a little longer than usual because of some construction) at high elevation with a fair amount of climb in the beginning and a tricky descent at the end. This was fine for us as we are fairly in shape and used to activity - we enjoyed the experience a lot - but if someone who was not in as good shape was to book, it could be a very long day for them.

If you are looking to travel in Peru, I would highly recommend giving Kuoda a chance! We found them to be price-competitive with the large group tours, but offering a level of customization and service that you would not be able to receive if you went with a large group. Thanks Kuoda!

Date of experience: July 2019
KuodaTravelPeru, Guest Relations Manager at Kuoda Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear mstiwin,

Thank you so much for this lovely review, and also all of your constructive feedback; this means a lot. We are glad you enjoyed the Huchuy Qosqo hike and that it was ultimately an enjoyable experience, but we are going to take special care with the descriptions about all hikes in the area from now on.

If you ever get the itch to explore more of either Ecuador or Peru, or greater South America, we would absolutely love to hear from you again!!

Kind regards from everyone here in the Cusco office,

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I plan family vacations every year to travel with my adult children. It is a wonderful way to explore the world and to spend time with the ones you love. Peru was our first South American adventure and Kuoda Travel did an amazing job organizing a personalized trip. I picked the places and informed Kuoda on what our family likes to see and do when we travel. I was assigned a wonderful, responsive and accommodating planner, Marina Erte who took over from there. She put together the perfect family vacation that took in all of the sights we wanted to see in Southern Peru and included hiking, cooking classes, walking tours, visits to weavers, dinners in private homes....it was all just magical. In addition, Kuoda arranged for expert, fun, and informative guides for us at each location. It was nice having different people along the journey too as they all brought a different flavor to our experience. We can't say enough about Bart, Lis, Antonio, and Luis. Their love of their country showed through. They accommodated extra stops for sight seeing and engaged with us as much as we wanted to engage. They were good at reading the group. I would be remiss if I didn't mention our drivers. They are really unsung heroes. They were responsible, safe, and attentive. We had our own comfortable van and traveled many roads up and down the Andes...even our 10 hour ride from Puno to Cusco was filled with wonderful stops and amazing views. The service was so personalized we even had Gerard who met us in Lima to ensure we made all of our airport transfers. . Mercelo, our Kuoda contact in Peru, greeted us at our Cusco hotel and made sure we had all of our questions answered. The accommodations were spectacular. Many times, the group said "I wish I could stay here a few more days!". I would like to particularly call out Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. This was a spectacularly restored monastery. It was our last night in the Andes and we dined in the glass gazebo all by ourselves...we ate freshly made pasta and celebrated our Peruvian experience. The buildings, rooms, gardens, and church were just lovely. It really captured so much of Peru's beauty and history. I could keep on writing, but I think you get the idea....well done Kuoda and thank you so much for helping to provide a memorable experience for us in Peru.

Date of experience: January 2020

Dear eileengradwell,

Wow! We absolutely love how you spared no detail in this testimony of your trip, and that you took the time to lay it all out here. We especially appreciate how you mention your drivers as the "unsung heroes" of your trip, and we are making sure that they receive your lovely feedback.

On behalf of Marina, Bart, Lis, Antonio, Luis, Gerard, Marcelo, all of your drivers, and everyone else here in the Cusco office, we really hope you stay in touch for your further adventures to Peru and South America!

With warm regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Together with my husband and some friends, I had a 10 days travel with Kuoda in September, last year, on the route Amazon-Sacred Valley-Cuzco-Lake Titicaca.
From the beginning I need to say that the travel was exceptionally designed by Marina, she understood exactly what we were looking for and made us the perfect plan, involving our requests to the smallest detail (for ex we were concerned about the accommodation with altitude, but due to a gradually trip we didn’t had any discomfort). All days, the program was calculated in such a way to avoid hard physical activity (as we requested) and allow us enjoy the beautiful landscape and admirable people, connect with ancient history, local customs and traditions.
Our journey was carefully prepared, the transport was on time, comfortable and safety, accommodation and meals exceeded our highest expectations. The schedule was extremely flexible, if we request to add something or to extend the time allocated to an objective we received all support. All the guides were extremely professional but in the same time very kindly and friendly.
We were prepared for an interesting trip, but finally, all of us considered to be an exceptionally one. On behalf of the whole group Lucian &party, I say Gracias/Thank you/Multumesc to Marina, Cris, and all Kuoda team for the incredible memories that remained in our heart from Peru.
Alina

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank miskobuzette

Dear Alina,

Thank you so much for this heartfelt review, and for sharing these now cherished memories from your trip; it means a lot to all of us here in the Cusco office. I know that Marina is also incredibly touched by your review!

Needless to say, we would absolutely love to hear from you again if you ever get the urge to come back and explore more of Peru and/or greater South America, so please stay in touch!

Un abrazo desde Cusco,
La familia Kuoda

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

All I can say is Wow! Kuoda is a fabulous company to book with. We were a family of 4 that spent 2 weeks in Peru. 1 week in the jungle at Treehouse lodge and the other touring Macchu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and Ballestas island. All guides and drivers were knowledgeable and reliable and the accomodations were spectacular. Our trip could not have run any smoother. Marina our agent was fantastic. She organized a number of activities, pottery class, sand buggies, chocolate making, kayaking, village visits and more! They plan with you to ensure you get what you want out of the holiday and are very prompt in responding to enquiries. They also help the local communities which is great to see. Thanks Kuoda for a job well done!
Adi, David, Matthew and Katie Huebert

1  Thank 436adih
KuodaTravelPeru, Guest Relations Manager at Kuoda Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Adi, David, Matthew, and Katie,

All we can say is WOW! Thank you for taking the precious moments to leave this beautiful review here :) It sounds like you had some really memorable experiences, and that you were able to enjoy your time to the fullest, which is what we love to hear.

Please do stay in touch if you ever get the urge to come back and explore more of Peru and/or greater South America; perhaps the Galapagos!

Hugs from Cusco,

Reviewed January 5, 2020

We booked a 14-day trip for Peru - including Tambopata, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Puno and Lima. Kuoda did the most wonderful job and made it one of our most memorable trips. It was very easy to work with Marina who made our itinerary and bookings. Each one of our accommodations exceeded our expectations. All our guides were extremely knowledgeable. well organized and made sure that we were comfortable and satisfied at all times. Especially Edwin - who was our guide for most of the trip. He really made the Incas come alive with his explanations and was a great photographer on top of everything else. This was the first time I had booked through a travel agency and was very impressed with how much they did for us - from booking the trip all the way to the last airport drop off. I look forward to booking with them for future trips to South America!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank AditiZeb

Dear AditiZeb,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for this absolutely fabulous review!! We are so touched that we made the cut for one of your most memorable trips, and also that some of the details even exceeded your expectations.

On behalf of Marina, Edwin, and everyone else here in the Cusco office, we really look forward to hearing from you again for your future trips to South America!

With warm regards,