“Do yourself a favor -- Skip this place”

Hotel Agustos Cusco
Ranked #73 of 172 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I spent 4 nights in Agusto's and wish I had followed the advice of many others who wrote on Trip Advisor that this place is not worth the stay. A travel agent set up my stay and got a huge price discount, which is why I stayed there, but I cannot stress enough how terrible the location is. You cannot walk anywhere -- no restaurants, shops, or even decent sidewalks. Cab rides to the Plaza de Armas ranged from 3-8 soles depending the time of day and whether or not it was raining. If you're only going to visit Cuzco once, I'd suggest biting the bullet and paying more to stay closer to the Plaza de Armas. It's so charming there.

Aside from the god-awful location, the hotel was adequate. They had hot water and small heaters in the room. The breakfast was fine -- the coffee was superb. They have wifi too, but it's only accessible on the first floor by the reception desk. I had a positive experience with all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you want to avoid the noisy street sounds.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SambaDC

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed at Agusto's for 3 nights but wish I hadn't.
Firstly, the location is awful. Too far from the plaza, where all the action is, and you wouldn't want to walk that distance everyday. Cabs outside the hotel are also a rarity. To add to that, there's really nothing within walking distance of this hotel.
Secondly, their laundry service ruined a pair of pants and a skirt and took no ownership of that. The only consolation was a discount of 6 soles from a 95 soles bill.
Thirdly, their male staff are just atrocious. Once they figured I was travelling on my own they didn't waste anytime in asking me my marital status, and if I could go for dinner and dancing with them.
Lastly, the food in the restaurant and a breakfast is extremely average at best.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank nm000
Reviewed July 13, 2011

it is a nice hotel with the best location in Cuzco, teh staff was very friendly and kind.

The rooms were very comfortable and shiny.

The location is great and is near everywhere you want to go in Cuzco.

hot water was good and bathrooms were big enough.

rooms were nice decorated

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vermutta
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights following trip to Machu Picchu. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Erica at front desk. They helped us get taxis, printed out our boarding passes, left a fruit basket in our room on arrival, and let us do late check-out when our flight didn't go until late afternoon.
Hotel was very clean, restaurant had a very good breakfast with lots of variety. They even had an elevator, a rarity on our trip.
Only downside as others have mentioned is distance to main square. Best to take a taxi - only 3-5 soles - and they go by this hotel all the time. Also be sure to take the city map they give you upon checkin that shows location of the hotel - not all taxi drivers we met knew where it was located.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessieinTX
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We very much enjoyed our stay in the Hotel Agusto's. The hotel arranged for someone to pick us up at the airport as promised. All of the staff members were extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms are not particularly attractive but they were clean and spacious with modern bathrooms, plenty of hot water, and comfortable mattresses. The breakfast included fresh fruit, a selection of fruit juices, eggs, cheese, and breads, coffee etc. The only disadvantage was the location. It is about a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride to the colonial district in Cusco. The taxi ride is only a dollar and there were plenty of taxis, so it was not too inconvenient, but I can see the advantage of staying in a hotel that was actually in the old part of town.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doctoritaSF
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Since I arrive to Agustos Hotel in Cusco, I know that it was the rigth choise. The Staff was kindly every day at every time, making our travel nice and calm.
The rooms are always clean and organized, and the restaurant have a high quality peruvian food.
The hotel is very near to the Cusco Square, it only takes 5 min in a cab.
It was an excellent choise, I recommended everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mkaneku
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I'm very happy with the service from the hotel, the rooms are luxurious and very comfortable, staff is very friendly and the food I love. I example, the first day, my poor child gave him high and all the staff took care of my baby with love. The manager in the night to visit my son and ordered his staff to rise to a balloon of oxygen all night. Hotel Agusto Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family