“Great food, great value and amazing environment!”
Review of Casa Qorikancha

Casa Qorikancha
Ranked #87 of 715 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casa Qorikancha is located in an ancient republican house in the main historical center of Cusco. we specialize in Peruvian haute cuisine offering a wide variety of dishes and traditional tapas. The restaurant is divided into three internal areas: Two dining rooms, one of them could be used as a private area, and an picturesque bar who offers classical drinks, wines and creative cocktails, most of them using tradicional Peruvian ingredients. Also, diner can sit on the terrace and admire the beautiful architecture of the central patio of the house while enjoying our food and drinks.Casa Qorikancha esta ubicado en una antigua casa republicana en el mismo centro historico de Cusco. Nos especializamos en alta cocina peruana ofreciendo una amplia variedad de platos y tapas tradicionales. El restaurante esta dividido en tres areas internas: Dos comedores, uno de ellos puede utilizarse como salon privado, y un pintoresco bar el cual ofrece bebidas clasicas, vinos y cocteles creativos, la mayoria de ellos preparados con insumos tradicionales peruanos. Tambien, el comensal puede sentarse en la terraza y apreciar la bella arquitectura del patio central de la casona mientras disfruta de nuestra comida y bebida.
Durham, North Carolina
“Great food, great value and amazing environment!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I ordered the alpaca with quinotto!! Was GREAT!! I also really like the location of the restaurant in a beautiful old "casona colonial" (colonial house).
It also has an awesome view of the central patio!
Totally recomendable!

• Visited July 2014

Enderby
“Qorikancha”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

EXCELLENT & highly recommend the restaurant! Great menu selection, not over priced & the staff is superb. We spent 6 nights in Cusco & ate there several times.

Visited May 2014
Cusco, Peru
“Racism and Discrimination !!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am a local and on May 5th 2014 ( 7:30pm ) my wife and I were invited by my tourist friends to this place for dinner,, as soon as we get to the door, the employes saw us and inmediatly pointed us the service entrance door, without even asking and gretting us, this is a fine dinning place and I understand that you need a reservation but they didn´t even ask,, I got upset and told them that I was a client and my AMERICAN friends were waiting for me inside,, thanksfully my friends saw us, waved their hand and we could get in,, Henry was the name of the unpolite waiter.

I am a world traveler, Europe, USA and many other places in South America, and for me it is funny and ridiculous, that this kind of stuff happens in my own country, own town and between my own people, don´t get it wrong food it is great and cozzy atmosphere, but Honesly I couldn´t enjoy the rest of my dinner due to the incident. Even that the manager tried to kindly handle the whole situation.

I am very possitive that these people never realized, that I am a Trip Advisor menber, and they behaved really rude with a cusqueñian couple, of course because we were not potential clients for them.

Try this place because of the food !! , but if you invite your local friends, guides or any other one from Cusco, ,keep an eye on the door because, they might not let them in.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Luis V
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fabulous peruvian food”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We visited Cusco in April and May enjoying the Inka Trail - after returning to Cusco we decided to take some local Peruvian friends to dinner as a thank you for their help. casa Qorikancha was outstanding - the alpaca carpaccio was beautifully presented and delicious, the quinoa salad and mix of local and regional ingredients and spices made everything come together beautifully. They have a great wine list too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank HillAevium
Amsterdam
“Absolutely not recommended!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Our guide advised us to go out for dinner at this beautiful place next to Qoricancha. Reviews were excellent so why not? We were really into some good quality Peruvian food but unfortunately we did not like the food at all!

As a starter we had the trout ceviche. Huge portion (a bit too much for a starter) and weird decoration with rubberish seaweed, lettuce and corn. Nothing special at all. Besides, the ceviche was extremely salty. We had many lovely ceviches throughout our journey, this was defenitely the worst. The alpaca carpaccio was still frozen but tasted good. Nothing special.

Main course was a very unpleasant surprise. This was not a good quinotto but cooked quinoa with tons of cheese. Heavy on the stomach and not very tasty. The alpaca meat was dry (we ordered medium rare) and swimming in this sweet yellow gooseberry sauce, covered in more cheese. Who does like this??? After a few bites we told the (absolutely lovely) waiter that the food did not meet our expectations. He took the plates away and apologized. He offered to prepare something else but of course, we lost our appetite. Unfortunately nothing was done with the bill. Too bad!

We would defenitely not recommend this place but of course, it is a matter of taste. Staff is lovely and very attentive.

1 Thank Charis81