“Excellent choice in Cusco”

Casa Andina Standard Cusco Plaza
Ranked #31 of 169 Hotels in Cusco
Orlando, FL
“Excellent choice in Cusco”
Reviewed March 29, 2008

The Casa Andina in Cusco was the nicest of the 3 Casa Andinas we stayed at on our tour. The location was fantastic. The staff could not be more helpful. Our room off the front courtyard was so wonderful we asked if we could have it again when we returned from Machu Picchu. We were able to stay there again and we were very happy. The room had a bay window over looking the courtyard. The ceilings were very high which made the room look very big. Nice large tiled bathroom and the water pressure in the shower was very strong, wonderful for the 4am wake up calls. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Ramon, California
Reviewed March 28, 2008

My husband, 2 friends, and I stayed at Casa Andina for 3 nights before the Inca Trail and loved it. The rooms are quaint, but manageable. We loved how the hotel had coca tea downstairs in the lobby, for us to "adjust" to the altitude since everyone swears by it. We like to think it helped =) The staff were very friendly and helpful and even expressed concern and suggestions for my husband when they learned he was sick.

It was nice to have free internet and a computer to use in the lobby. Location is great, close to Plaza de Armis and close to restaurants, stores, and pharmacies. Most of the tours would drop you off close by as well. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Shower temp and water pressure is GREAT. We stayed on the second floor before the Inca Trail and was fine. After the Inca Trail, we checked back in and got rooms on the first floor past the computer/lobby area, Rm 106?, in the right corner, and there was a service elevator just next door which was running pretty much all day. Employees go in and out there as well, so avoid that room if you plan to be in your room at all.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stayed two nights while visiting Cusco... The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was prepared for the room to be small and it was! Much smaller than I expected!! Felt a little clausterphobic!

Would reccomend.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank christie629
Peru
Reviewed February 1, 2008

I am travel photographer and visit Cusco many times a year, I carry all my expensive photo equipment along with laptop and all the gadgets, so, safety is a big issue for me.

I stayed at Casa-Andina, Plaza, Catedral and Koricancha, I love each of them because of the friendly atmosphere, the strongs colors used in the decoration, wireless in all the rooms, and best of all , a helpful staff.

I leave some of my equipment on storage, and hit the inca trails with absolute confidence, I know they will take proper care.

You won´t feel homesick at Casa-Andina.

Beto Santillan
www.andesmadness.com

Stayed December 2007
4 Thank andesmadness
Adirondacks
Reviewed December 30, 2007

The Casa Andina had been recommended by friends, so I felt comfortable making reservations but I must say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff is so incredibly helpful that is was like having a home away from home. We stayed at the hotel twice, one night before our 4 day trek on the ancient inca trail and the night after. After a long bus ride from Ollytambo, we were dropped at the plaza mere steps from our hotel, while most people on our trip began looking for cabs. The location can't be beat. The rooms are super clean, starched white sheets, tiled bathrooms, great water pressure in the showers. The breakfast far exceeded our expectations with great coffee, eggs, french toast, cold cuts, fruits, etc. and they started at 5:30am a bonus for us as we had to leave so early. They have coca de mate tea in the lobby and stored our luggage for the four days we were gone on the trek. I had some problems with my LAN tickets and they helped me sort them out and print out my boarding passes. I will definitely stay with them again, they have a few hotels in the chain and I think that the location at the plaza was fantastic.

• Liked — clean rooms, great service, super locations
  • Disliked — early checkout
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Peru-Travelers
Cusco
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Great Stay. Staff were very helpful. I stayed three days over the course of a week (therefore three sparate rooms). Left bags (walked the Inca Trail), asked for help at various points to get by in Spanish and only found the staff very helpful and willing to assist at every point. Rooms were good layout for some rooms were average but used the experience of previous nights to ask for a change which was accomodated without questions. Made my stay in Cusco very smooth.

Stayed December 2007
4 Thank Brisvaegas
New York City
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Great location; close to best restaurants and to all the sights. supermarket is about 50 yards from the hotel (Near the Merced). Money exchange was next door to the supermarket with good rates (in the camera store). We had the Queen room with 2 environments and it was cozy and roomy . The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room overlooked the Plaza de Armas and faced the cathedral. The first floor had free internet. Upon arrival at the airport they have free taxi pickup and two bottles of water awaiting you. When you get to the hotel they bring you Coca leaf tea while you check in. Staff was always available and ready to help with anything. Breakfast was from 5 to 9 which is a little too early except when you are going to Machu Picchu.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple