“Can't miss, one-of-a-kind customized clothing boutique”
Review of Hilo

Hilo
Ranked #11 of 56 Shopping in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Funky hand made clothing boutique in artesanal quarters of san blas. in service free fitting available. all alterations with bought pieces have no charge. mainly one off pieces, also can do made to measure bridal outfits.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't miss, one-of-a-kind customized clothing boutique”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Hilo is THE most beautiful, charming boutique I've been in . My friend found a dress there that the owner is custom-fitting (at no extra cost) for her, and the dress is beautiful...along with every other piece in the shop! If you are looking for a place to shop, or if you have an appreciation for art and clothing in general, I recommend making this stop in Cusco.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TheWanderita

Cusco, Cusco, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MUST SEE”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hilo is a one of a kind shop. It's located in a cool artsy neighborhood called San Blas. Eibhlin, the owner, is from Ireland and has lived in Cusco for 10 years. In my opinion, she is an all around [--] and ridiculously talented designer. I wont quite admit to how many articles of clothes I own from Hilo, but I will say that I have to make a decent amount of room in my suitcase to haul all of my beautiful new clothes back home. I find Hilo unique, fun, and inspiring. If you want a dress guaranteed that no one else in the world will have, you just want to play dress-up for a few hours, OR you just want to admire amazing craftsmanship, I highly recommend checking out Hilo.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mallory H
New Haven, Connecticut
“Home away from home”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I met Eibhlin Cassidy in her shop which was a few doors down from the place I was staying in Cusco. I was invited in, given a cup of coffee, and (at the time) welcomed to have a cigarette in the store. Her clothes were so amazing, and the shop looked like a throwback to the 1940's. Old sewing machines, enormous scissors hanging on the wall, and wayward yellowed lace stitched to the front of some very contemporary (and beautiful) dresses. For the next few days, I found myself coming again and again. It was as much the ambiance, as it was the conversation that brought me back. We talked about music, travel, and life stories. I found not only an amazing hidden nugget in Peru, but also wonderful people. Over the years since I first stopped in HIlo; I have followed the progression online. The clothes just get better and better. Highly recommended for those interested in fashion, comfort, rich conversation, and a possible cup of coffee. Frankly, what else could you want in life? Kudos Hilo! Hope to visit again soon!

Visited September 2012