“WOW!!!”

Responsible Travel Peru
Ranked #112 of 807 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a tour operator specialised in community-based tourism and responsible travel in Peru. RESPONSible Trips are always authentic, fun, educative, and unique. Within our offer we include visits to Machu Picchu (our style!) and other highlights, but always indigenous communities, warm-hearted local families and interesting projects for all kinds of travellers! From luxury gastronomic experiences to the origin of Peru's cuisine, to back-to-basic Voluntourism experiences. It's all about getting to know the real Peru, and leaving AMAZED by this truly wonderful country, knowing that your visit atually contributed to its conservation and sustainable development. What more can you ask for? Travel RESPONSibly!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

THANK YOU THANK YOU for organising a fantastic day for me at Machu Picchu. I was amazed at how much i experienced and saw all down to your excellent planning and the wonderful work of Miguel my wonderful guide. I wish i had more time to explore, but i really felt enriched by my short experience and thank you all at RESPONS for a great time!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DDtravellerLondon
Diana L, RESPONS Team at Responsible Travel Peru, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear DDtravellerLondon,

Thank your for your review, we are very glad to know you found your experience very enriching and that you enjoyed every minute of it! At RESPONS we strive to create long lasting memories and we are happy to have accomplished our goal. We will pass along your comment to Miguel.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

The RESPONS Team

Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day tours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to a rural community outside of Cusco (Ccorccor community) and it was fantastic! I really enjoyed meeting the women of the community and getting a taste of how they live was super cool. We helped harvest potatoes, milk a cow, cut grass -- and much more!! I highly suggest visiting RESPONS and seeing what else they have to offer.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Shayna A
Dear Shayna A,

On behalf of the RESPONS team we would like to thank you not only for taking the time to post a review about your trip, but also for supporting our cause by visiting one of the 70 communities we work with. The Ccorccor community has become very special to us as each of our RESPONSible travellers has been impressed in a very positive way by them. We are very glad you had the chance to visit them, it is one of those once in a lifetime experiences you will never forget.

Thank you for travelling RESPONSibly and thank you for spreading the word about us!

Warm regards,

The RESPONS team
Knoxville, Tennessee
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for helping my husband and I get our Machu Picchu and bus tickets! Because of you we were able to relax and not have to worry about getting tickets to Machu Picchu with the Huayna Picchu hike included! The trip was amazing, trip of a lifetime, and thank you again for helping make it that way! If we are ever back in Peru, we will use RESPONSIBLE Travel! Agnes at the Cusco office did an amazing job! Gave lots of helpful information and responded quickly to all my inquiries and questions!

Dear leah828,

We would like to thank you for such a wonderful review and for your comment about Agnes, we will make sure to pass it along to her. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Machu Picchu and were able to climb the Huayna Picchu! As you mention, it is an amazing trip.

Thank you for traveling RESPONSibly, we look forward to welcoming you back to Peru!

The RESPONS team
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great help in Cusco and Lima”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I visited Cusco and Sacred Valley just for 3 days in May, and on the first day, I planned a very tight schedule of visiting south-eastern and northern historical monuments of the Sacred Valley: Tipon, Pikillacta, Pisac, Moray, Salineras Moras and Ollantambo. I received a great help from Agnes who explained all potential problems with such schedule. She also provided me with excellent driver, Jugo, who was a critical part of the plan. The problem with taxi drivers in Peru is that often they (otherwise, mostly great guys) do not know some places where promise to take you, and time is lost is search of location. Jugo knew very well all places I wanted to visit, and accompanied me to some of them. Despite I have some basic command of Spanish, and did not need an English-speaking guide, I can also recommend Jugo to English-speaking only visitors. He is humble, but his command of English is much better than my Spanish. He is a great and knowleadgeable companion. He was also my driver in half-day I spend in Cusco, and needed to visit Saksayhuaman, Qenco, cemetary and downtown, all in 5 hours.
Agnes also referred me to Hostal Iskay in Ollnta, a very good budget place.
In the morning of my last day in Peru, in Lima, I planned to visit the oldest town in Americas, archeological site of El Paraiso in Ventanilla suburb of Lima. It is generally considered a dangerous place to go, so reliability and knowledge of the driver is critical. Agnes provided me, through their Lima's office, another great driver, who helped me to visit this place (most taxists have no idea where it is). So many thanks to RESPONS personnel for their help!

1 Thank Serguei Z
Diana L, RESPONS Team at Responsible Travel Peru, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear SergueiZ,

Thank you so much for your nice words about Agnes, Hugo and the rest of the RESPONS Team! We were very glad to receive your challenging wish list of sights to visit in Peru, and even happier to find out that with the combined knowledge and experience of the RESPONS Team we were able to get it done for you! It was a pleasure for us to get to know you and we hope that you will tell many people about the wonderful country Peru is.

With warm greetings from Peru,

The RESPONS Team
Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Attention to detail operator with heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were a family of 4 in the middle of a transcontinental move and had one last Memorial Day long weekend to spare. A quick check with Delta and we were surprised to land award tickets to Lima rather inexpensively. So we roped in another close friend and his family of 4 and decided began our adventure to visit Cuzco and Machu Picchu. We knew what we wanted to do but did not have the time of day to put anything together. All we did was buy our plane tickets to Lima and Cuzco. By luck we came across Agnes' contact details on a LP forum and decided to give her a shout out. So less than a week before we were to fly out I emailed her a tentative plan of what we wished to do. She responded back a few hours later saying that she was on it.
Since we had 4 kids in our group ages 8, 9, 10 and 12 she responded back with a kid friendly itinerary. The high season was underway so getting hotels were difficult, but she really worked hard and accommodated us in the most wonderful places which were so full of character and gave us a real sense of Peru. She only took a part credit card payment to cover the tickets to Machu Picchu and the trains and kept in touch with us till the morning of the day we boarded our flight to Lima. She was open and frank about what things costed and working with her was stress free.
Our flight landed late in the night into Lima and her colleague Diana was waiting for us at the airport to meet us. The kids were hungry after the long flight so she spent time with us and took us to get them pizza inspite of the late hour. She also accompanied us to our hotel, ensured that we got settled into our rooms, helped us check in online for our flights to Cuzco next morning and only then left way past midnight.
Logistics had been arranged perfectly and the next morning our bus was promptly waiting to take us to the airport. When we landed in Cuzco, Agnes was waiting for us personally to pick us up and send us on our way to Ollantaytambo. She had organized a very comfortable Mercedes bus to take us around. The driver Sr. Jose Luis and the guide Sra. Carolina were thorough professionals and made the rest of our trip a pleasure. Agnes suggested visiting an ethnic community called the Ccorcor and said that this would be a fun activity for the kids.This experience was a fantastic one and they had a blast cutting grass, feeding livestock, milking cows, riding donkeys, shearing sheep, dyeing wool and learning to weave. Contrary to what I expected this community was authentic and eager for us to have a true experience. They really strived hard to help give us and the kids a taste of real life in the Andes and this was truly an experience off the beaten track.
We had the best 6 days in Peru thanks to Agnes and Diana.

2 Thank Chulsoo
Dear Chulsoo & family,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It was a true pleasure for us to meet you, your friends and family, and an honor to help you to make the best of your few days in Peru. Also, we would like to thank you for the nice words about our community of Ccorccor; they have recently started in tourism and their enthusiasm and motivation to give the best experience are definitely showing results. At RESPONS we value those hard-working communities a lot and wished more people would go off the beaten path like you, and visit those communities that much deserve to share in the tourism income of this region.

With special greetings from Diana and Agnes,