“Terrible lunch”

LIMO cocina peruana & pisco bar
Ranked #36 of 732 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: LIMO cocina peruana & pisco bar offers a selection of traditional Peruvian dishes combined with a fusion of Eastern influenced options presented in a contemporary manner and served in an unrivalled atmosphere. Come discover the unique presentation of Peruvian gastronomy that only LIMO can offer.LIMO ofrece una seleccion de platos tradicionales peruanos combinados con otros de fusion oriental y presentados de una manera contemporanea, en un ambiente inigualable. Venga y descubra una muestra unica de gastronomia peruana que solo LIMO puede ofrecerle.
Vancouver, bc
“Terrible lunch”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I ordered what "Limo" called pork belly in their menu, since I love exotic and unusual food. So I thought that I would be eating the real thing, namely stomach the actual organ. What I got instead however was what I would call pork ribs, not that this was so bad, but the ribs were extremely dry and it seemed like they had been around for a while, heated and reheated a couple of times before they reached my mouth. A glass of red wine , the last out of the bottle, also seemed to have "breathed" beyond what was good for it. All in all a bad experience for a name that otherwise seems popular and well recommended

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank bossen
GusCUZ, Owner at LIMO cocina peruana & pisco bar, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to post your review.
If we were to offer tripe or stomach, we would state so in the menu. Pork belly is the muscle and it is what we serve. Your server could clarified that for you as well.
It is one of our most popular dishes and I find it odd that you felt it had been reheated for you as it is prepared as orders come in. It is very high in fat and - consequently - very difficult for it to dry out.
With regards to the wine, we only have a couple of selections by the glass and - since you only get four glasses per bottle - our turnover is quite good. We would have been more than happy to change your selection had you informed your server the wine did not feel well to you
Feel free to contact us should you require any additional information.
Regards,
Gustavo Roda
Owner

Cincinnati, Ohio
“A must to visit in Cusco”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our favorite evening meal in Cusco- specializing in Peruvian cuisine and located off the Plaza de Armas. The food is fresh and a great variety, the cerviche was flavorful and tender. Had Alpaca(medium rare) and salmon- cooked perfectly. Good selection of wines and pisco sours excellent. Cost was reasonable for the quality. Service was timely and responsive with drinks and refills. Sound does resonate...so sometimes, depending on the surrounding tables, it gets noisy. Yet, all around a great restaurant. Make reservations.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice food and coktails”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Limo is a really good restaurant where my boyfriend and I enjoyed every moment of our dinner ! The pisco coktails were really good, we had to wait 20 minutes to be seating but it was ok. the staff served you some appetizer as potatoes with sauce, it was SO good ! We then shared some Ceviche, rolls and tartare. It is a bit more expensive than other restaurants in Cusco but it is really good.

Los Angeles, California
“Kept going back”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We kept getting recommendations from the locals and hotel staff about this place. Probably a little more pricy than most other restaurants in the area, but well worth it. We were served by an amazingly attentive and enthusiastic waiter. The food, which was a combination of Asian-fusion as well as traditional fare, was delicious, I had to try the guinea pig (as people recommended to try in higher end places if you don't want your food to stare back at you), and it was very well prepared. Especially taken by the complimentary french fries with the three sauces. And the lemonade! The pisco sour was amazing as well, but the lemonade! I normally don't like lemonade but taking a sip from my friend, I had to get one for myself. Fresh burst of fruit and not at all syrupy sweet. The view from our table was very nice. A great way to start our trip. During our week stay in Peru, we ended up going there twice. We almost went a third time, but had to restrain ourselves to try other restaurants. This is the place I will make a beeline to if I ever visit Cusco again. The restaurant a little difficult to find, as it is tucked away in the plaza, but just look for the McDonalds. It is located right above.

Lima, Peru
“Best dinner and service!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have tried many restaurants through out my life, even worked in some few, but i have never got a better service at a restaurant then Limo. I give him 5 stars as a waiter. Nothing was missing from him. If you ever visit Limo ask for Fransisco. I garantee he will make your day/night at the restaurant.
The food was also very good. perfect cooked as i asked for.
I can recommend the alpaca meat.

Personal thanks from me (your Friend from Denmark) and my girlfriend to Fransisco, we had the best restaurant experience with you at Limo.

I